Poor service.

I have now sent two emails to lionsteel Italy but so far no response. I have a kur and I have misplaced the wireclip . I requested to purchase a replacement but they have not bothered to answer me. I am very very disappointed, I also own a SR1 both were purchased on ebay (whitemoutainknives).

Just a reply is all I am asking.

Disapointed.

I believe they are currently moving to a new facility, might be why they are not responding. Not trying to make an excuse for them since they should still be providing customer service during the move, but that might help explain the lack of response.

I sent an email on 29.04.2017 regarding a defective/blemished/asymmetric blade grind on a LionSteel M4 ; five (5) days have passed since, and still no answer. Worst customer experience ever. LionSteel = Loterry (at least for me)

LATER EDIT : After sending a second email, I got an answer :

Last edited:
You lucky...I am still waiting for a reply of emails sent to 2 different addresses...Moving premises is not an excuse to not answer emails. I will abstain buying their products again.

I don't know YET if I am or not. I already sent the knife on 12.05.2017 (after a second response on the second mail - 3rd time I talked with them) and I'll wait and see what will happen. I will update this thread - be it for good or bad, right now I just have to wait a little more.

I would suggest you to write another mail to service@lionsteel.it (with info@lionsteel.it on CC) and write on the subject "WARRANTY - I need an answer" or something similar. Even if it's hard right now, try to be polite and keep the text civilized, explaining your problem. Do not attach pictures, just inform them you already sent emails (give them the date) and wait ; for me, the answer came in a couple of hours from the second try.

Hope it helps, and hope you'll get your problem solved.

LATER EDIT : Today, 25.05.2017 I received a new LionSteel M4 from Italy. Seems like they hardly reply emails, but their customer service DO work. I now have a symmetric, new blade. I just wish you luck, have a little more patience, it seems like they are really moving and they have a tough time with what they are going thru and keeping in touch with us.

Just don't give up, send them 2, 3, 4, x emails and they will fix your problem.

Just got a email from them re: Blade Show 2017... same email address I used to send my request. Very odd. Sure I will wait, and resend my original email with a polite reminder. Lol.

Finally got a reply today... I was quoted 86.00 Euros for a pocket clip...That is nearly 100 USD...or half the price of a new knife. Rather get a new knife or forget about it all together. Benchmade gave me a couple for free when I requested for a 275 ADAMAS, plus they paid the shipping too. No more Lions for me.

Sorry to hear that, in my case it ended great.

I just looked for a picture of LionSteel's KUR and that wireclip seems like it would be very easy to reproduce. I think you just need a stainless "springy" metal wire, and copy the form of an original.

Probably because you bought direct from them. I bought from a USA reseller and lost the clip so not covered by guarantee, nevertheless 100 USD for a clip...they could do much better. Too bad. :cool:

I bought that M4 from Lamnia.com, a retailer from Finland, EU (I live in Romania, EU), and not from them directly. Yes, they ask too much for a wireclip - yet, I understand why a company would not replace a missing part for free (don't get me wrong, it's awsome when they do that, like in your example about Benchmade's customer service).

I am sorry to hear that you will not buy anymore from them (as I assume you bought that LionSteel KUR because you liked something about it more than you liked another matching-priced knife). I probably felt the same way as you do now if they wouldn't have replaced my sample.

As before, I suggest to ask someone (or do it yourself) to fabricate that wireclip ; it looks very simple, and with a springy wire shaped like the original one, no one would see the difference. You can source the materials from a local car service shop, scrap metal, etc.

Best regards, Korbin.

Back