Post up your HEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Condensed from my original thread for the DPX forum.

Bottle-1.jpg

Bottle-2.jpg

Bottle-3.jpg

PryBar-1.jpg

PryBar-2.jpg

PryBar-3.jpg

PryBar-5.jpg

I have a few pics...the HEST is my go-to fixed blade in an urban environment, it is an awesome design.

IMG_2887.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_3936.jpg

IMG_3950.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

H.E.S.T. prison shank paracord wrap w/firestarter zip tied to the sheath:

Unexpected mammalian guest providing overwatch:

HEST Internal Fishing Kit: line, sinkers, 10 hooks, spinner bait +1 Tinder Tab = fire roasted filet's before sundown!

The HEST + Pathfinder PAW2000Ti, a powerful combination in the back country:

Last edited:
The HEST is a great little hiking knife.
Decwalk013.jpg

Easily slashes open those stubborn granola bar wrappers!
Decwalk011.jpg

Chips out fatwood for fire starting!
Decwalk036.jpg

Decwalk035.jpg

It has become one of my favorite small woodswalking knives.
Decwalk014.jpg

Decwalk021.jpg

I'm looking forward to getting the folding version soon!

These ESEE affiliated & Rowen made versions appear to be drying up in some places. I hesitated last night at a vendor with one in stock. Gone this morning. Contacted another, and he'd sold his last one this afternoon. I think I've finally got one coming though. Should have a pic to share in a week or so.

These ESEE affiliated & Rowen made versions appear to be drying up in some places. I hesitated last night at a vendor with one in stock. Gone this morning. Contacted another, and he'd sold his last one this afternoon. I think I've finally got one coming though. Should have a pic to share in a week or so.

I figured this was coming, glad I grabbed two to start with :)

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic, the only one I could find at the moment.

I keep the HEST on my truck bag that I transfer from whatever vehicle I'm in at the moment. Keep a small firesteel and some dryer lint in the handle.

5254841958_2566cd130b_z.jpg

The mail man brought goodies today. :thumbup:

P1010195.jpg

P1010192.jpg

im not to smart and i may not see well but besides the scales, these 2 look different? is it me or are they diff? and why are they diff?

Old style/new style I believe.

im not to smart and i may not see well but besides the scales, these 2 look different? is it me or are they diff? and why are they diff?

Top one with the rounded front portion was the prototype version, and they switched it to the bottom shortly before production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back