Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

We are all gear whores here ... what have you picked up recently ?

Etowah 10 x 10 tarp
KFU knife (sweet)
Goatskin gloves

IMG_1604.jpg

Sold a little, bought a little.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0088.jpg
    DSCN0088.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 7,577
I sold some goodies this past week and ordered a Kifaru Zulu if that counts:p

exped cover for the downmat 9...comes in a tactical pink case :D

exped_mat_cover.jpg

exped stakes and flexxx's cb kifaru pullout:

exped_stakes_kifaru_pullout.jpg

I sold some goodies this past week and ordered a Kifaru Zulu if that counts:p

sweetness!

Got a pair of Smartwool glove liners at half price($10). Started to buy them with a pair of gloves I got a few months ago, but had no idea what I would do with them.
I still have no idea what I'm going to do with them...

Oh, and some 9/16" webbing to use for a handline or make a Swiss seat with. That I'll actually use.

Kuruptd, Tell me more about the Etowa tarp..is it sturdy?..I need a tarp, but want the toughest one I can get for the $. I want to use it a lot.. Thanks

Kuruptd, Tell me more about the Etowa tarp..is it sturdy?..I need a tarp, but want the toughest one I can get for the $. I want to use it a lot.. Thanks

I haven't gotten a chance to use it yet but I like what I see so far.

Here are the specs:

Made with 1.9oz. nylon taffeta or rip stop, coated with 1/2 oz. of urethane, with 3/4 in. webbing tabs evenly spaced along the edges. 10' x 10' tarps come with three tabs place evenly along the center seam (10' x 10', 16tabs, Weight:32 oz)

K- you are a bastard and now I had to go and buy sum'ing....So last night I ordered an Exped Synthmat UL -7 as a compliment to my downmat 7 (lighter and smaller) and a North face extra large duffle to act as a spare canoe bag. I'll do a review of the expeds side-by-each when this new one comes in....The duffle looks groovy!

some 3rd party youtube reviews:

[youtube]IbcmUQVCoY4[/youtube]

[youtube]h6dTS1QpvvQ[/youtube]

1314342024_large.png

This Ridgeline smock. Amazing garment. It doesn't make any noise, fully waterproof and windproof. And it does provide some warmth too. For top shell, i find it fantastic.

Thanks to my tax return & some overtime I was able to score some great gear recently.
A cool orange bandana from Target,(love orange)Ti Emberlit,3 zippered cases,(the larger of which holds the Emberlit)a couple of Wohlwend tin knives,Bushpik from KFU,Hudson Bay tin(brass actually)1 ltr.Platypus & A Hudson Bay XL from JK knives.
I hope to get to beat on the JKHBXL & KFU Bushpik next weekend & will be doing a review here when I can.
I don't think the Emberlit needs anymore reviewing,but hope to light it up next weekend also.

2495ec54.jpg

Does it count if it's not come in the mail yet??

Mine is second from the left- 5/32 O1 steel, handle is OD over nat can micarta w an orange stripe. I can't wait!

View attachment 265729

SYKCO 511 i picked up in the exchange section.
DSC00225.jpg

Honda EX650 (Goodwill $40)
DSC08550.jpg

Various Jackets for me and my wife (Goodwill $4-$15 each)
DSC00098-1.jpg

osprey kestrel 38, bahco laplander, and a new lens for the d90...funny thing is i'm at home and have the other nikon nearby but i still used my cell phone to take this pic :p

kestrel_tamron_bahco.jpg

Back