Post up your small woods blades!

Nice ones Brian! I remember you saying a while back that your knives would be a in book. Is that a page from the book? How cool is that!?!

My son (he is ten) saw this thread last night before I brought him home to the ex's.

So per his request here are his small woods blades.

100_1424.jpg

His Kabar/Becker BK11, a Koyote Slim Finn, and his LDK/Ferro rod/Sheath set-up Stomper made for him.(that isn't rust on the LDK,it is residue from the ferro rod :o )

The Slim Finn he just got on Saturday,I picked it up in a trade with a forum member, he likes it a lot.:thumbup:

All weekend he had it on his belt with his trusty JK set in his pocket. Even though we didn't do much "snow time".:)

what did you do to strip the becker? i've been looking to do that for a while.

Citri-Strip from the hardware store, a brass brush, some rubber gloves, and a well ventilated area.

Works like a charm. Follow the instructions and you will be happy. Think ahead, and really scrub at the hard to reach places (inside the marks, in corners, in the bottle opener) to get the paint/coating out.

I wonder if the sheath fits as well after?

Marion

My son (he is ten) saw this thread last night before I brought him home to the ex's.

So per his request here are his small woods blades.

100_1424.jpg

His Kabar/Becker BK11, a Koyote Slim Finn, and his LDK/Ferro rod/Sheath set-up Stomper made for him.(that isn't rust on the LDK,it is residue from the ferro rod :o )

The Slim Finn he just got on Saturday,I picked it up in a trade with a forum member, he likes it a lot.:thumbup:

All weekend he had it on his belt with his trusty JK set in his pocket. Even though we didn't do much "snow time".:)

I sometimes specifically make youth blades, but unless it's an order like coaldigger's twins they don't sell very well. Still, it's one of my goals- I spent my whole childhood being unable to find customs outside of a magazine or book and unable to afford most of the beter productions. So I'm ridiculously happy when I see some of the smaller EDCs going to younger woodsbums.

I didn't use any stripper. Just sandpaper and elbow grease.:)

Nice group your son has Todd A :)

Thanks He is quite proud of them.

So I'm ridiculously happy when I see some of the smaller EDCs going to younger woodsbums.

It fits him like a glove. Though after I opened the package, just for a second, I thought about keeping it.:eek::D;)

My Grohmann mini skinner is awesome, once I put a good edge on it. The factory edges aren't the best, from them. Feels great in the hand, too.
From the Grohmann website,
no104sbig.jpg

Is it just me, or does Brian Goode make one helluva sweet knife.

I love this thread.

Nice ones Brian! I remember you saying a while back that your knives would be a in book. Is that a page from the book? How cool is that!?!
Yeah - Its in a deer processing cook book :)
I took that picture too! Happen to luck out and have the right light, my flashlight in my pocket and .30-30 shells in shop from working on my marlin. The background is a $1 tile from Lowes sale bin :)

Back