Prayers needed for george!!!

CKE2

Gold Member
Hey folks

Just got off the phone with Carol not that long ago.

George got hurt the other day and is in critical condition with some internal bleeding. Carol was on her way out so I only got a few details.

I will keep you posted as I know more.

Please keep George and Carol in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you

Craig

My thoughts and prayers are with George and Carol. Two of the best people you could meet.

Pete

Prayers inbound for both of them.

Keep us up-to-date if you can Craig.

Any update on his condition?
Prayers have been going out since we heard.

George is holding his own. I have not gotten in touch with Carol since Sunday but got an email from Lindey that he is holding his own.

I hope to get in touch with Carol soon.

I will also be in the Toronto area next week so I hope to be able to see Carol.

As I know stuff I will post here.

Thanks for all the support and prayers...I know it helps.

Craig

Thank you for the update. Prayers continuing.

A Halo of Prayers, and Clouds of Smoke in honor of this great man!

Here's to a speedy recovery!:cool:

UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with Carol and George:)

He is doing well, they are at home and he needs rest. George still has a long road ahead, but he is a fighter and a great man and behind every great man is a strong woman!

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. Maybe once he is up and feeling a bit better he can chime in. Lets continue to keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

Craig

UPDATE ON GEORGE:

Thankyou everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. George sat for a couple min. and read all your good wishes but he's not able to sit and work at the computer right now so I am sending this update for him.
-------------------
Many of you may wonder what happened to cause all of this. What started as a simple if not painful hit in the chest from a piece of material that got caught on the buffing wheel and threw back at him hitting him square in the chest at about 40MPH turned into an almost leathal blow to the tumour he carries in his chest.

Unbeknown to us he started to hemorrage internally, partially from the blow and partially due to the two blood thinners he is on. During the night and into the following morning he managed to bleed out approx 50% of his blood.
I managed to get him into our Dr. and from there he was rushed by ambulance, letter in hand from our Dr. to the closest hospital.

Once a couple tests had been run the action started and they started to prep him for emergency surgery which would have killed him. They worked feverishly to reverse the effects of the blood thinners in hopes of stopping the bleed.

Finally a second surgeon appeared on the scene and said surgery would kill him and he was going to try and work the situation from a different angle.
His approach was to discontinue the blood thinners and chemically try and stop the bleed. IF and only IF the bleed did not stop, then he would have no option but to operate.

After two days the bleed seemed to be stopping, at this point due to lack of blood his heart started to act up. The next issue was the afib or rapid heart rate that was steadily climbing. That had to come down in a hurry or that would kill him.

We managed to get 2 units of blood into him, some new medication for the afib and then the blood count started to increase abit.

The second CTScan shows that the massive bruising and blood accumulation seems to be shrinking. Evidently it will take up to 6 months for all of it to be re-absorbed into the body tissue.

After the hospital declared this past Wed that they had managed to give him one of their famous hospital infections I brought him home. Thought he had had enough of everything and didn't need any more.

We have started the blood thinners back up again in the hopes of preventing a stroke or heart attack. However, with the thinners comes the serious risk of starting the bleed again if everything is not totally healed. No matter what we do it's like Russian Roulette but our choices are very limited.

At the moment, George is home :) Very happy to be here and getting a little restless. He is sore obviously, especially in the chest where he was hit.
We are hoping to see the surgeon this coming week but he is scheduled for vacation so...........and our own Dr. is also on vacation................

We're not out of the woods yet but each day I can see slight improvements, please continue your prayers, I am sure they are helping.

George is anxious to get back into the shop, he does not like being idle but he is also pretty weak and tires easily. If any of you would like to call him I'm sure he'd enjoy hearing from you. 905-670-0200.

Thankyou All, for your Prayers, Carol

Thank you for the update! Both doctors on vacation -- what's more important, a patient or their golf game ??? :D

Continued prayers for George recovering steadily and completely!

Thanks for the update. Prayers will be continuing from here.

George,
Sorry to hear about your accident, We wish you a smooth and speedy recovery.
Please let us know if you need anything at all.

regards

Eric & Irena

George and Carol
Sorry to hear about your accident. Seems to me you warned me about buffers a long time ago. I hope you are both getting the rest you need and get well soon.
Steve

Back