• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Premium Missouri Black Walnut

Hi folk, I went through and picked out the Best Flamming Crotch Walnut I had.

I only have 7 sets of 4 blocks available. (All Sold, Thanks!)

1" thick, 2" wide and 5" long +/- and kiln dried...

4 Blocks for $80, shipped...

First 6 to say, I'll take a set, gets them.

Not going to sand and oil all blocks, they are rough sawn or rough sanded.
All has good or better then the 4 pictured...

My paypal / email address is; info@sunfishforge.com

Thanks,
Don

walnut-group2-09.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some blocks that didn't make the cut for the 'Premium Flamming Crotch' group above.
But still Great Stuff! Actually they should have been included :D
This is the end of my Walnut stash for now...

You will get the blocks in the photos, just ask for the 4 block set, or the 6.

4 blocks for $60 SOLD, THANKS

attachment.php

6 blocks for $90 SOLD, Thanks!

attachment.php

Attachments

• walnut4pcset.jpg
    walnut4pcset.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 685
  • walnut6pcset.jpg
    walnut6pcset.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 683
Last edited:
Don, what is it about Missourri walnut that make sit so fancy? Fast growth. mineral content of the soil? One of the American gun companies uses that in their advertisements, "Missourri walnut stocks "

Don, what is it about Missourri walnut that make sit so fancy? Fast growth. mineral content of the soil? One of the American gun companies uses that in their advertisements, "Missourri walnut stocks "

Poor rocky soil, slow growth makes a harder more dense wood with gnarly grain.
But my brother goes through 4 pick-up loads of wood to get 20 good blocks, so the real fancy stuff is rare, even here in Mo.

Hey Don...
I do love Black Walnut.......don't know
what "plenty" would be..(LOL)...

Don,

You have the best flaming crotch wood- Black walnut that is LOL- Seriously wish I has some cash on hand for some of this!

Bill

That stuff is nice. I still have like 4 blocks that I am saving. I don't know how many frogs you have to kiss to find really good black walnut, but I have read that when they cut the English and hybrid walnut trees in California, they may have to look at as many 100 trees to find one that they can get pieces of wood nice and big enough for presentation grade rifle or shotgun stocks. Knife handle size blocks are probably easier to find, but still pretty rare.

I used to work in the rifle stock area in Thompson Center Arms back in the 80's as a shaper. I routinely saw hundreds and hundreds of stock blanks every week and I can tell you first hand that this material of Don's is about as rare as chicken's teeth, that's why I snagged some so quick.

No joke folks, this quality is hard to find, so get it while the gettin's good.

I would get some if there was more Jim

Is it all gone Don?

This sale has gotten confusing, too much in one thread :eek:

Jim, I have 5 sets of the Premo stuff in post #1 left, ($80 per set of 4)

And the 4 block set ($60) in post #3...

I live close to two big sawmills that saw Walnut for gunstocks and furniture. My brother makes furniture and knives, he also cuts and dries handle blocks for me. He gets truck loads of scraps and culls, he saves the good stuff for me and heats his house and shop with the stuff he doesn't use.

Back in the 90s I sold a lot of walnut blocks (thousands) to most all the knife making suppliers, over 300 blocks to Sheffield in one order. No longer though, got too busy making knives and tired of breathing wood dust. I only get around 40-50 blocks every 6 months or so.

Thanks folks!

Doug, that's a nice pice of walnut on that hunter but was a poor photo on my part.
You should try to re-shoot it...

Thanks Man!

Back