Prepping for Blade

Diesel D

Tow Mater
So it's a done deal. The table's paid for, apart from current in process stuff no new orders are being taken so that we can build inventory for blade..
How 'bout anybody that's been there give us a little heads up? It'll be Murph and I joining Todd at the table, and we certainly want to present as well as we can. We've developed what we think is the best possible plan. (it's a 2X4 table, we're gonna keep it covered with knives) Us along with Todd's wife will be sporting TM Hunt custom knife shirts and we'll hang a banner off the front of the table with our logo and a nice big pic of the '18. We plan on giving away 2 different stickers with purchase and we'll have business cards and I think a small pamphlet outlining the workhorse models and a little Todd backstory. My goal is to sell everything, of course.. but we all want people to pick up any of the models and..well, just be impressed as hell. But I think Mr. Hunt has that covered. So..what do we need to know? Also, here's a rough draft of the next M-18 sticker we'll be giving away. We wanted to take a 7ft standee of this, but the rules prohibit blocking view..
M18 Liberty .jpg
Yeah..we thought it was pretty cool too. Developing promotional material for knives is pretty fun stuff.

Diesel. If I haven't told ya recently, I sure appreciate everything you do...........but damn man. You sure have a hell of a way of constantly reminding me of all the work that needs to be done......:eek: guess I better get a pot of coffee on and get out to the shop.

Diesel. If I haven't told ya recently, I sure appreciate everything you do..

No Problem M9 Todd. You don't have to M9 thank me. What are M9 friends for? I'm sure M9 you'll M9 throw a M9 knife my way one M9 day. Or not, M9..whatever. Hey, M9 weren't you working on M9 something for me recently M9? What was it? Man, M9 it's on the tip of my M9. Oh well..

No Problem M9 Todd. You don't have to M9 thank me. What are M9 friends for? I'm sure M9 you'll M9 throw a M9 knife my way one M9 day. Or not, M9..whatever. Hey, M9 weren't you working on M9 something for me recently M9? What was it? Man, M9 it's on the tip of my M9. Oh well..

Whatever is it that you mean? I'm detecting a little sarcasim.

I'm going to burn all of the pictures I've taken of mine to disc and mail them to you. Then I am going to work on a video this spring and burn that to disc too. Maybe if you guys have a laptop available you could figure out a way to use that material to help show the knife off to prospective buyers?

Yes, Mist. We can make a slideshow/video loop to play onsite. Show everybody what field duty looks like. Helluva idea! Thanks.

90% discount on M18's for guys working the KaBar booth (well, me anyway) ;) Todd's the man :cool:

Trade sent a couple of excellent ideas to the inbox, the summary of which is to point a big neon arrow at the M-18 and say, "Hey, look, here it is!" You guys think a chunk of wood with a few 18's sticking out of it might draw the eye over to the table?

Well it sure cant hurt! I do think you need to do something to drAw attention. Spectators wearing your tshirts wouldn't hurt either.

I plan on wearing my M-18 the entire time, well if I wear it with just a loincloth we should get plenty of attention!

Well I'll try to keep this thread going. I noticed it kinda died once Murph mentioned himself in a loin cloth. Now that I'm a moderator I can see who all visits the thread. Psyop is the only one that keeps coming back hoping to see Murph in his loin cloth and M-18. Sicko.:D Anyway, a lot of work going on here, nothing interesting enough for pics yet. Trying to get a jump on my sheaths. On the way out to the shop now to cut out steel. Gonna be cold out there until the heat kicks in. I think its like 13 degrees outside.

Back