• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

(PRICE DROP) Massdrop/MEE Pinnacle PX IEMs

Jokkamofeenanay

Gold Member
Massdrop/MEE Pinnacle PX - Highly regarded inner ear monitors with terrific sound. These are priced new on Massdrop at $115. I'm adding an aftermarket balanced cable made by BV (good quality "ChiFi" cable ) that I bought new for amazon for $30. Also adding SpinFit CP240-M double-flange, medium size tips that hit the sweet spot of comfort, sound quality, and isolation for me. The SpinFit tips were bought for $11 new on amazon. The cable that came with the IEMs has a mic and volume/playback controls built in, but I never used it for the talking on the phone, which is why I bought the higher quality aftermarket cable with no mic or controls for music listening only on a digital audio player.

Asking $75 (PRICE DROP) PayPal G&S shipped TYD for everything listed above, also including a nice carrying case and a few extra tips, as shown in photos. I trashed the foam Comply tips that came with the IEMs, as they tend to get a little gross with use, and I didn't really like 'em all that much anyway.

https://imgur.com/gallery/VSM5aGh

Notes:
1) The vast majority of people who have reviewed these IEMs have raved about the sound quality for the money, while complaining about the cr@ppy quality black paint on the housing that starts flaking if you look at it wrong. I took the advice of several reviewers and dremel-ed off the flaky black paint to expose the nice "raw" zinc housing, which I think looks much better. In fact, the non-Massdrop MEE Pinnacle P1 IEMs are basically the same IEMs (at a higher price), but with a different cable and the raw zinc with no paint.
2) Although these IEMs can give you nice sound with a standard smartphone, tablet, etc., the MEE Pinnacles really sing (and get louder, naturally) with some amplification. I've been using a Cayin N5iiS digital audio player (I highly recommend this DAP), which has a nice built-in amp and with the high gain setting. I first listened to these on a Google Pixel with a USB-C dongle (don't get me started on lack of headphone jacks) and was kinda "meh". But with some amplification and a good source? Oh, yes!!!
3) Finally, I'm selling these after upgrading to a nice pair of QDC Neptune IEMs that I got a great deal on from MusicTeck.com. Great folks over there, with high quality audio equipment at range of prices from reasonable to crazy expensive.

Last edited:
One more thing: a nice bluetooth solution for using these, or any other good quality wired IEM, is the Astell & Kern AK XB10 Portable High-Resolution Bluetooth Dongle Headphone Amp/DAC with aptX HD. It's a little hockey puck disc thingy with balanced and unbalanced headphone jacks and wire clip to wear on belt, shirt pocket, etc. Provides nice bluetooth capability with a good amp and DAC and can drive the MEE Pinnacles with ease. You can pick this up for around $100 new, I think. And no, I'm not selling mine....;).

Last edited:
Back