price for slippie restoration?

do you guys know any makers who can restore an old bsa slippie to like new? if so how much would it cost.

Bill DeShivs he's a member here, i think he does that sort of thing.
How bad is it? you may be able to clean it up yourself! can be enjoyable or it can be a royal pain:D just depends
ivan

well te knife is a bsa knife thats 40 years old. i got the rust off the blade and other 2 tools, but there some i cant get too, as well as the spring is worn out.

well te knife is a bsa knife thats 40 years old. i got the rust off the blade and other 2 tools, but there some i cant get too, as well as the spring is worn out.

Your 'spring' may not be worn out, there could be rust/dirt/gunk buildup in the action which is causing a sloppy snap/walk and talk.
Take some WD40 and flush the heck out of that area , work the blades back and forth over and over , flush again and clean the dirty residue that comes out. Use qtips and folded paper towels to clean the inside areas of your knife, reapeat this process until your action is nice and smooth as it can be for a knife that old.
Use Flitz or Simichrome to polish your bolsters and derlin/etc those polishes will work well unless it is stag or wood. Be sure to get all the dirty WD40 out of there , after it is nice n clean a few drops of mineral oil worked into the action will keep her smooth for ya.

I've restored a lot of slipjoints just this way.

Good luck , post pics of the finished knife.

Back