Private Dinner with the knife makers

For those that will be attending the Atlanta Blade Show this year there will be the added opportunity to attend a private dinner with the knife makers on Saturday evening. My friend, chef and client Todd Mussman of Local Three has agreed to provide us with a private room and menu for the evening. In addition to Andy Roy (Fiddleback Forge) and Dylan Fletcher (Fletcher Knives), you will have the opportunity to meet the apprentices extraordinaire and men behind the scenes, Dan Eastland (Dogwood Knife Works, and Ron Solomon (Devil Dog Knives). Seating will be limited and reservations will be held by credit card. As an added bonus, there may be the opportunity to see the debut of Dirty South Knives as well as other surprises.

We will have reservation information and a sample menu shortly the price will be $50 per person . We look forward to seeing all of you in June

this is a link to the Local Three's web sight it is located about 5 minutes down the road from the Blade Show venue.
http://www.localthree.com/events/private_dinning.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I AM SO PUMPED TO GO THIS YEAR!!! My wife and I are defiantly in!!! Let me know when and where we need to send the money.

P.S. We still need to talk about getting my wife a Dogwood Knife Works backpacking knife!!

I AM SO PUMPED TO GO THIS YEAR!!! My wife and I are defiantly in!!! Let me know when and where we need to send the money.

P.S. We still need to talk about getting my wife a Dogwood Knife Works backpacking knife!!

I am refining my trail knife and it will be the knife I take back packing! what colors are you thinking

I really like the different woods that you have been putting on your knives. She really likes dark colored woods. Although having a micarta or something that won't be so prone to expansion and contraction with the weather.

I could do some black walnut or rose wood as for micarta I have red, natural, and black on hand we could also look at diamond wood

as that we are getting off topic I will start a thread "what would you like in a hiking/ back packing knife we can work it out there

this is a sample menu, local three works with meny of the local farms so what makes it on the menu has a lot to do with what is good that week, but this should give you an idea of what to expect. They also have a full bar and will pair wines for those that are interested
i look forward to seeing yall

Dan

First Course (choice of):

Spring Strawberry Salad baby spinach, fennel, blue cheese, balsamic
Tybee Island Shrimp Cake marinated cucumber salad, old bay aioli
Honey-Mint Glazed Lamb Ribs crispy chick peas, roasted peppers, cucumber, feta
Yesterday’s Soup because it’s always better on the second day....

Second Course (choice of):

Grilled Angus Hanger Steak whipped potatoes, baby vidalia onions, watercress, mushroom jus
Panko Crusted Atlantic Flounder smoked ham, roasted mushrooms, spring pea succotash
Spring Vegetable Composition a selection of spring’s bounty from our local farmers
Wood Oven Roasted Springer Mountain Chicken mushroom “panzanella”, braised greens, thyme jus

To Finish (choice of)…

Popcorn Panna Cotta candied bacon sauce and caramel popcorn
Chocolate Blackout Cake raspberry caramel and chantilly
Lemon Semolina Cake lavender honey, blackberries and buttermilk curd

$49 per person, plus tax & gratuity

**items subject to change due to seasons and availability**

I'm really excited about this guys. A room to ourselves. No wait. Top quality chef! All for the same price as we paid at Fogo's for the last two years. I hope everyone comes to the dinner, and afterward I hope that everyone is at the Pit with us enjoying beer, company, and cutlery!

I got the reservation info tonight I have to reformat the form so I can up load it, I expect to have it up tomarow. This is going to be a great night and I look forward to seeing y'all

Can't wait to see you guys there, sounds like a great time. That'll be my first day back after 8 days of scout camp so I'm sure I'll be ready for some decent food by that point. Summer camp chow hall rubber, vulcanized pizza sux.

As per my conversation with Andy a couple months ago, I was us
Pose to be able to attend. That was until my amily decided to come along. We will be leaving ATL Saturday afternoon.

Back