Attention Profile Posts for Registered Users disabled due to rampant fraud.

What Blues Blues has described in the post just below yours is exactly what I have done.

The email in my sig is an auxiliary address that isn't connected to any payment system or my forum registration.
Doesn't help if a person still sends money without confirming who they're sending it to.

Doesn't help if a person still sends money without confirming who they're sending it to.
If he has a sales thread, he can mention that he is sending an email from that email address and ask him to post the "secret code" included in the email back in the thread. (Whether it's an image, a phrase, a name, a word, whatever). Once the other party posts back in the thread the code term, the seller can confirm or deny whether it's legit.

Cumbersome, but what's your time and effort worth if you aren't willing to pay for access to private messages?

It boggles the mind.

Refuse to use PPFF, and none of this matters.
Exactly. This is the real problem. People using PPFF and probably other instant money transfer methods.

And isn't it rather interesting that one has (sorry...had) to be logged in in order to access a members profile, let alone to leave them a message on their profile page...

So, there's something very wrong here... And it's more than just scumbags ripping people off...

Back