• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

protech's outstanding customer service

I now have 6 protechs which includes 2 identical tr5's,well about a month ago dummy me dropped my edc tr5 onto a ceramic tile floor and bamm there went an 1/8" of the tip.Emailed protech and Mapi responded quickly and said for 50+shipping they could reblade it but since they are produced in lots she wasn't sure if they had a stonewashed blade in stock.She told me she would check and get right back to me and sure enough they only had 3 blades in stock and she pulled one back for me so I would get taken care of.Turn around time was about three weeks and communication was great--you can't ask for better customer service and will always be a huge fan of protech. p.s. their fit and finish is awesome also.

Had the same experience with a TR3 manual JS!!
Mapi got me all hooked up also! My knife came back to me as good as new!
Joe

I'm lucky enough to live close to Ross Cutlery, one of the co-owners of which is the father of Dave Wattenberg, the CEO of ProTech. They have a great selection of ProTechs and Dave's dad has a lot of great ProTech related stories. Dave is also a regular at the local knife shows, and he is a very nice guy. It's a great company run by great people.

What I said was MUCH worse!!!
Dropped it onto a concrete sidewalk the first week I had the knife JS!!
Totally panicked......till I spoke with Mapi!! She's really a cool chick to deal with.
That one is my first Pro Tech. After that experience I have added a couple more to the collection........think I have around 14 now!
I'll tell ya something else......if you don't drop them onto a really hard surface......they last a hell of a long time!!
Amazing autos that are built to last!!

^^^yep you really said oh crap after it happened didnt you Joe.

Back