Protecting your Ass.ets...

This is my last post in this thread Q.

You say most of MY posts are destructive? Where do YOU get off attacking Robert in YOUR VERY FIRST POST in this thread?????? That is what started it all - give your head a shake.

I won't waste anymore time arguing with you Q. You made the first attack, now you can't handle the aftermath.

I am flattering you? You wish.

Originally posted by quijanos
[B
Why dont Shane45 explain what he meant by ' blow me '.?

Sorry Fred!
Q [/B]

Ira, please promise me, that if I ever get to the point, where I can't figure out what 'blow me' means, that you will shoot me.:rolleyes: ;)

If it will make you feel better, I'll apologize directly.

Robert,
I apologize for the comment. If you find time, can you kindly comment on the point I am making?
Regards,
Shannon

Shane45-1911, If you read anything in my previous replies besides the number of posts that I have made, you would know that I respect Micks work. Although I wouldn't doubt if somewhere in Asia there is a 100 year old knifemaker commenting on how Strider has stolen the Tanto tip style blade.
I'm not knocking Strider, but Micks work also had influences. He will tell you this himself. All of his work are not all original ideas. I would dare to say they are a combination of new ideas and old ideas put together to make Strider Knives. You only waste time in this forum when you come here with an attitude. Go easy.

Sorry Fred!
Q

I think the point has been missed. Its not about who invented the tanto, its about rip-offs. If your bread&butter is knife making, then the making crap copies can and does hurt you. Since we can't break out the old baseball bats and find the crap makers, then asking if a lawsuit is pending seems a lagit question. I think quijanos went off half cocked, and IMO went specifically after Robert and Shane. I agree that BS lawsuits suck, and Lawyers have a tendancy to tick me off. But these rip-offs tick me off to.

I have read this whole thread, and it seems to me that most people who have contributed really care about Strider.

Reagan

Edited because I still can't spell

Its not just BrandonMc and a couple of others who are thinking reasonable when reading this. Point is made that we don't care for the rip-off artists (and some lawyers).

Q,
During the past almost four years (Just changed my screen name last year) I have been posting here I never take a post personally.

It becomes apparent very quickly by the posts members make what there TRUE inner workings are.
People tend to be much more open and true to there real nature when they are sitting behind a key board.

Try this just do a search under Allen Blade in The Good the Bad and the ugly, read all of the posts. Just an example.

I can tell you this I have found some of the nicest people I have never met (In person anyway) on this Forum including the Moderators. They are hands down some of the most knowledgable, helpfull and caring people in the circle of knifemaking.

PS:There is an Edit button at the bottom of each post.

When I read this whole thread one thing comes to mind that isnt pointed at anyone in particular.

Folks that havent pushed the envelope and thought outside the box, or fogotten about the box altogether and made something that is PART OF THEMSELVES AND THEIR VISION are way more inclined to not be bothered about the subject than otherwise. Myself, there is a factory or 2 I wouldnt mind if they burnt to the ground!

Yea Rob;)
Hey by the way took some big ones IMHO to pound your knife thru steel in front of the cameras!
Way to go!
Robert

Thank the God Lord "Blow" when used sexually is just a figure of speech. The correct sexual term would be to "SUCK ME". Of course when you attack a man like Robert Hankins who drove one of his forged knives into a 55-gallon steel drum and then gave said knife away in a contest, SUCK ME is the more accurate remark if you think on a sexual level. For the record, I won that knife and after the horrid abuse Mr. Hankins put it through, I was able to gut and clean a Moose without so much as touching up the edge. Today this knife serves as my outdoor "brush chopper" and it's indicative of the talents and compassion of the fine Knife Maker that he is.

Now, your dig against Lawyers. In our "civilized" society, we need these folks to settle disputes. While I prefer a simple double-tap method, my associates in the Judiciary think otherwise and the COURTS are the place to settle arguments. When you look at what LINTON has done by cloning the entire STRIDER line, that goes well South of simply copying a concept. If I were to use your thinking Q, all knife Makers are thieves because they stole someone else's idea to use STEEL as blade material. You have made this far too simplistic, this is theft of intellectual property and if our Government had more on the ball when they sold us down the river with all their FREE-TRADE CRAP and instead added some teeth to copyright/patent infringement Laws on an International level, maybe scumbags like LINTON would be out of business because they don't have the 50 million in punative damages they owe Mr. Mick and Mr. Duane.

Now I am certain that if our society allowed for a more savage means to make the folks at LINTON pay for their THEFT, Mick and Duane are very competent warriors and there would need to be around 100 LINTON EMPLOYEES to make this a somewhat "fair fight", but if I were a LINTON employee, I would think this idea would both SUCK and BLOW.

Lawyers, they are like women........cannot live with them and cannot live without them. But when someone in 2002 does something that is clearly very wrong, the civilized method to settle matters is in court with an educated and trained litigator fighting your fight. That's how it works today Q, live with it.

Now as far as Shane and his comment to "BLOW HIM". Be real will ya? Do you truly find it so digusting you need to alert the Moderators? Take a Xanax and chill.

OR is it : smoke a 'J" and get the "munchies" :p ;)

Im not the kind of guy who will generally step into other people’s sht, but you guys need to knock this crap off. I keep getting e-mail updates about this **** being reported and its bugging me.

Everyone is VERY thankful for your support, but the name-calling is getting out of control.

Boy this sucker went WAY off course.

Blow me

Mick

My apologies as well. To Shane as well... I am sorry. Now Mick get your A$$ back to the grinder and let us children play!!!!!!!

Back