Protourist!

John - I can agree with that - running the scales another 1/4"-3/8" forward would have added to the comfort using the knife.
As it is, I loved the handle size and feel.

Thanks. I sure appreciate any critique as well as any praise. That's how we perfect a design.
I love how it cut through the bones.:D

Thanks. I sure appreciate any critique as well as any praise. That's how we perfect a design.
I love how it cut through the bones.:D

Chcken bnes didn't seem to phase it at all in the least. I didn't manage to get to the woodpile today, had to help a friend move, hopefully tomorrow.

Chcken bnes didn't seem to phase it at all in the least. I didn't manage to get to the woodpile today, had to help a friend move, hopefully tomorrow.
Take your time and enjoy it. If I had to go further into Kentucky today I may have stolen it though. I'm only going as far south as Hebron which is a suburb of Cincinnati. The last time I was nearby I was in London. Of course I thought that would be a fitting place for you to live in Kentucky.:D
It's definitely got a strong tip!
Good to hear. I was sure hoping so.

Ha, yeah, we looked at a house in London once, nice enough place but a little to far to drive everyday since I work in Richmond. But yeah, if you get close enough steal away, it's your knife after all, :), is it going to you next then? i thought for a minute someone else was after me.

It will be going to beautiful Bowling Green KY next to KYturkey. Take your time and enjoy it first though.

Oh, yeah - I didn't touch up the edge while I had it -- didn't see a need to.

That's good to know, it arrived pretty sharp to so that's good. I didn't get to the wood today either, still helping with the move, friend sold his house and they gave him four days notice this last Friday, pretty rough before Christmas but it's nearly finished and I guess they want to get settled in as well.

I'm going to try and get out there tomorrow, i'll be ready to ship either way i think, try and get it to KYturkey before Christmas, seems right. I'll need the shipping info unless he wants to meet somewhere close by-ish. since I think he's pretty close to me.

Go the address form kyturkey, will ship soon. If someone could let me know the insurance to go on it I'd appreciate it, :)

Hi KYe -

I think I used $200.

I touched the edge up with my DMT diamond stones.

best regards -

mqqn

200 is perfect. Just in case anyone wonders, go ahead and touch it up. It needs to be comfortable for you to use.

Okay, I'm about to ship this off, sad to say. I did't get to do much wood cutting with it but I did do some tinder splitting, nothing much but thought I'd post the few pics i took. Hopefully someone else can get to some wood testing. From what I did i would say it's as goo on wood as i was o chicken bone, I liked having the extra length to push through and the angle fo attack did seem to help. The rounded spin was also very nice to lay your palm for a rough spot.

100_7905.JPG

With the Baby K again

100_7953.JPG

Just took off from lose spots on a few pieces, hard to get pictures of by myselfhttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/-

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OvQwFsIjR0M/TvHn0E6c93I/AAAAAAAABNg/ATgq932upp4/s320/100_7954.JPG
doesn't take long to whip up some tinder

100_7956.JPG

Sure enough wood cut with the Protorist cutlass(?) does set alight, which is good to know i'm sure, :)

I did touch the edge with a diamond sharpener. It didn't really need it to be honest, holds an edge as well as any JK I'd say.

Well I've enjoyed my time with it a lot, again thanks for the chance Protourist and merry Christmas to everyone.

Last edited:
Heads up Kyturkey, it's been shipped, I emailed the tracking number, let me know if it didn't get it.

Should be there before Christmas,

Have fun.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the pics. I sure appreciate it.
As for the Cutlass name, I think it fits. Anbody have a better suggestion?

Hi Mack -

Large Hunter's Cutlass?

JK M2 Cutlass?

Bear Skinner?

best regards -

mqqn

Thanks for all the pics. I sure appreciate it.
As for the Cutlass name, I think it fits. Anbody have a better suggestion?

Not a problem, u enjoyed it a lot. Just sorry I couldn't put it thorough ay better tests.

I think cutlass fits well, but big mac does have a ring to it

Back