Prune Big, or Go Home!

Added a decent Remington R698 hawkbill this week, pretty full blade and a very faint etch.
Remington added some class to most of their knives, regardless of use!! Nice one!!

Reactions: JM2
You're very welcome my friend. Not to derail the thread, but would that have been carried in a pouch, or loose in the pocket? Seems a bit bulky to have been pocket carried...
Yes, it's quite bulky, though I don't think a pouch was supplied :thumbsup:
Jack Black Jack Black , I love seeing your "Double Sharp"!! It's such a cool machine!!
Thanks Charlie, I'm lucky to have one :) :thumbsup:

I’m not sure if this qualifies as a pruner or an electrician…

Beautifully hollow ground blade with locking saw.

iTJD7zC.jpg

I’m not sure if this qualifies as a pruner or an electrician…

Beautifully hollow ground blade with locking saw.

iTJD7zC.jpg
It was sold as a Gardening Knife Ken, like the Wilkinson model I posted at #797 (sorry, having difficulty linking to it from my phone), which was a contract knife. That's a nice blade etch. Judging by the slightly incongruous shield, (let in better than on my Wilkinson model), they were using the same parts. That period wasn't the finest in terms of Sheffield cutlery, but it was an interesting one, with Wostenholm being bought out by Rodgers, who were then bought out by Richards, and then sold to Imperial, with a lot of 'cross-pollination', even Camillus-made parts being assembled in the Richards factory. Very interesting to see that knife, which looks to be in great condition 👍

It was sold as a Gardening Knife Ken, like the Wilkinson model I posted at #797 (sorry, having difficulty linking to it from my phone), which was a contract knife. That's a nice blade etch. Judging by the slightly incongruous shield, (let in better than on my Wilkinson model), they were using the same parts. That period wasn't the finest in terms of Sheffield cutlery, but it was an interesting one, with Wostenholm being bought out by Rodgers, who were then bought out by Richards, and then sold to Imperial, with a lot of 'cross-pollination', even Camillus-made parts being assembled in the Richards factory. Very interesting to see that knife, which looks to be in great condition 👍
Jack Black Jack Black

Thank you again for the insight! That seems to explain why I'm having a difficult time categorizing this one🤣 Wostenholm, Rodgers, Richards, and Camillus parts! It's like a Frankenstein with a decent blood line 😆

BTW, thank you for pointing out the post #797. I for some reason completely missed that post. Must have been a late night skim over...

Jack Black Jack Black

Thank you again for the insight! That seems to explain why I'm having a difficult time categorizing this one🤣 Wostenholm, Rodgers, Richards, and Camillus parts! It's like a Frankenstein with a decent blood line 😆
While some Camillus parts were used during that period, after the acquisition of the Richards Group by Imperial (for the Schrade-Wostenholm line), I've no evidence that they were used in this case - strangely reminiscent of the Schrade 97T as it is! :D. It's also possible that knife was made up from parts, after the Wostenholm and Rodgers names were acquired by Meteor Industries, together with all the stock from the Richards factory, or subsequently by the Eggington Group :thumbsup:

Thank you Mr. Jack. 😊 Double love for that Double Sharp you showed on the previous page ! 😍 😍

One more today - an old model 21107 ROBESON Shuredge U.S.A. that has been rode hard and put up wet, however, has a nice character about it, to my eye.

View attachment 1880560
View attachment 1880559
Thank you kind sir, that's another fine old Pruner, with tons of character :cool: :thumbsup:

Back