PSA: Recon 1 Spearpoint

On sale for $78 (S35VN) Plain Edge. Just received in mail and looks good. Triad Lock is tiny bit “sticky”….but many would consider that normal. With tax it cost me $84. Haven’t seen them at this price for some time now. No need for MagnaCut version (at least for me).

Good price for a Recon 1 Spearpoint, as they typically list for over $110 dollars. I snapped up a clip-point version a few weeks back. The triad was a sticky, but I worked-it, and oiled-it-up, and now-it rocks! The Recon, and Voyagers are probably two of Cold Steel's best legacy models.

Good price for a Recon 1 Spearpoint, as they typically list for over $110 dollars. I snapped up a clip-point version a few weeks back. The triad was a sticky, but I worked-it, and oiled-it-up, and now-it rocks! The Recon, and Voyagers are probably two of Cold Steel's best legacy models.
Yes, the Recons and Voyagers are what I think of when someone mentions CS. I was waiting for about 1 1/2 yrs for a price like this on the Spearpoint Recon 1….now my Recon collection is complete.

Last edited:
Why the mystery?
As jbmonkey said…I didn’t want to break any forum rules (the seller is not an authorized dealer with this forum). But it was easy to find. Unfortunately the sale only lasted about a week…I’ve noticed that particular website tends to have “flash sales” from time to time. I’m just guessing that perhaps they received some more inventory and wanted to move some product, hence the sale (who knows???). Even our beloved CS legacy models are expensive nowadays:(

no mystery just aren't allowed to deal spot...rules are rules. I found the ops sale by Google with price in the search

try googling cold steel recon 1 $97.50 and you'll find it. it was $78 the other day, isn't now....
I wasn't aware there are rules against that. Don't understand why it would be a rule, but ok. I probably don't need another one and should wait until the Magnacut version goes on sale. And when it's uncoated.

I wasn't aware there are rules against that. Don't understand why it would be a rule, but ok. I probably don't need another one and should wait until the Magnacut version goes on sale. And when it's uncoated.
#8....

Back