PSK SR passaround Winner!

Well,

After laboring how to do the drawing, I utilized Brian Jones and Blues to help.

The winner is..............

Jeff H

Congrats. Please PM scott with your address and let him know if you would like the knife cleaned up or if you prefer to have the patina left on. He'll for sure sharpen it, but it's up to you on the finish.

Take care!

Brett

the funny thing is, Jeff already made a sheath for it that was included as a package for the winner!

How's that for Karma?

Brett

of course, I owe IUKE12 a huge apology. I accidentally sent him a pm saying he was the winner. I was looking at the wrong list and not the randomly generated one. I feel horrible and hope he can forgive my stupidity. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Brett

the funny thing is, Jeff already made a sheath for it that was included as a package for the winner!

How's that for Karma?

Brett

No kidding! However, I hear from a reliable source that bad luck follows those who don't take pics of their winnings/creations...

Congrats to Jeff on the win. You got a great knife coming your way.

of course, I owe IUKE12 a huge apology. I accidentally sent him a pm saying he was the winner. I was looking at the wrong list and not the randomly generated one. I feel horrible and hope he can forgive my stupidity. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Brett
Brett, I was pretty exicted about the win until I got to your second PM:( Poop happens, no worries, all is forgiven. I'm walking away from the computer now for a good cry though.

Brett, I was pretty exicted about the win until I got to your second PM:( Poop happens, no worries, all is forgiven. I'm walking away from the computer now for a good cry though.

dude, I really can't say sorry enough. I feel horrible and now wish I had TWO to give.

I hope there's no hard feelings.

Brett

Brett got an earful tonight. He's helped me out with some things and all of you have as well, you just don't know the whole story Brett got. I donated a sheath to go with the knife because it's all that I can do to contribute - to "give something back." I had no idea I would win - no way. I have a couple "Gossmans" and they are special to me because of Scott and because of you guys. Without having to go into how much everyone here has helped me while I dealt with some family health issues, I had hoped to quietly donate a piece of plastic and I got a Gossman PSK SR! It's not the way it was supposed to work.

I would love to graciously accept, and it would be a special knife to me but. to the others, I just won it - got "lucky." It means a lot more to me than that.

I got lucky alright - lucky when I registered on BF.

Since I was "not supposed to win," in my own little mind, and since IUKE12 did win, in his mind, at least momentarily, I would like to offer it to IUKE12.

I know it's not the way the drawing was supposed to work and I am not trying to change the rules but I really wanted someone else to win. It might not be "fair" but, I guess in a selfish way, I get what I wanted and at least one other of us gets what he wanted.

A hearty "thanks" to Scott for his generosity in providing the knife (such a plain little word for such a magnificent tool, isn't it?) and Brett for his efforts and for helping me out. "Thanks" to everyone else for what you have no idea you have done.

Thanks, again.

Jeff

This is a prime example of why this forum rocks: YOU guys! :thumbup:

All of you are class acts. Jeff, that is outstanding generosity on your part. My hat is off to you.

Best,

Brian.

This is a prime example of why this forum rocks: YOU guys! :thumbup:

All of you are class acts. Jeff, that is outstanding generosity on your part. My hat is off to you.

Best,

Brian.

Thanks, Brian. I am just trying to live up to the standard the rest of you set.
I hope no one is upset with the decsion. It was the best I could come up with.

My opinion: as the winner, you are the owner. So, the knife is yours to do with what you want, whether that is to keep it, or give it away.

Jeff and others,

I am constantly amazed at the good in folks. I've been growing a bit cynical over the years and can really feel myself hardening to others. It's instances like this that throw cold water on my face and remind me that folks really can be good and honest and generous.

I personally think it's a wonderful gesture and am sure IUKE12 and Jeff will have a friendship and bond beyond the giving of a piece of steel, however COOl it is.

Thanks for making this a great place.

Brett

That's really awesome of you Jeff, there's always more to impress me around BF. Some people with true class and integrity reside here. :thumbup:

Stuff like this really makes me wish we had rep points here.

Hi guys,
I have never been rendered so speechless in all my life. Jeff, I'm totally blown away by you magnanimous decision to forfeit the knife. If everyone is cool with this, I will graciously accept the offer. I have never been in the company of a greater group of helpful, sharing, generous, and intelligent folks than here at BF. I hope I can give back to this forum, Jeff, you set the pace bro:thumbup:
Thanks to all who made the pass around happen and to Scott, without whom this would not have been possible. I'm going to request that Scott leave the patina and any other beauty marks on this knife. This will serve as a constant reminder to me of all the greatness here, every time I use it. All I ask is for it to be sharp:D

gosh, I have such a warm feeling from this whole deal. While I'm not surprised, I am pleasantly taken aback by just how wonderful this passaround has turned out.

I've never been more proud to be a part of a passaround. Jeff, thank you for being a good human being. It's sometimes rare these days.

take care all,
brett
Hi guys,
I have never been rendered so speechless in all my life. Jeff, I'm totally blown away by you magnanimous decision to forfeit the knife. If everyone is cool with this, I will graciously accept the offer. I have never been in the company of a greater group of helpful, sharing, generous, and intelligent folks than here at BF. I hope I can give back to this forum, Jeff, you set the pace bro:thumbup:
Thanks to all who made the pass around happen and to Scott, without whom this would not have been possible. I'm going to request that Scott leave the patina and any other beauty marks on this knife. This will serve as a constant reminder to me of all the greatness here, every time I use it. All I ask is for it to be sharp:D

Congrats, Jeff!!
Thanks to Brett, Everyone wins!! Thanks, Man!
Rolf

actually, Jeff's totally responsible for making this passaround what it is. I just had the good fortune of somehow being involved.

:)

Back