Put my BK9 to work

Fallbrook Forge

Gold Member
The Christmas tree was getting dry so I decided it was time to get it out of the house. I had some pent up frustration from work that I needed to get out

Here is the culprit
cca8a57a.jpg

And the tools used
28ecada6.jpg

About 3/4 done
eabfafe1.jpg

All de limbed
2cb3f993.jpg

The trunk cut down to size
1b46ec17.jpg

And the safe queen posing for a glamor shot
9284f795.jpg

This was great way to let out some pent up aggression, and run the 9 through its paces a bit, it performed very well. Took the limbs off with one swing each, made nice clean smooth chops into the trunk. Each chop took out a sizable chunk. I plan on burning the wood tonight or tomorrow

Lovin it. I got my Mag Camp in today and I was also eyeballing the tree. :D I don't think that I'd do more than the branches with the 5 though. The trunk would be Campanion or Brute territory. I don't have a BK-9. It's a sad and lonely existence really. I sleep huddled in a box out in the snow and rain wishing for that glorious day when I have a bk-9 in my hand. :D What's with all the flags n' whirly gigs on the handle though ? :confused:

Nice, nothing like getting the 9er a little sticky :eek:

I also would like to know about the stuff hanging from the handle....

It's reflective 550 cord and a piece of an ground/air marker panel(VS-17) makes a knife hard to loose with those on it. I shamelessly stole the marker panel patch idea from River-8 here on the forums. Ive been using the reflective 550 since I lost a pocket knife in the woods when I was younger.

It's reflective 550 cord and a piece of an ground/air marker panel(VS-17) makes a knife hard to loose with those on it. I shamelessly stole the marker panel patch idea from River-8 here on the forums. Ive been using the reflective 550 since I lost a pocket knife in the woods when I was younger.

Ya I can understand making a knife high vis. I'm thinking about spray painting my Eskabar. If I ever dropped it in the bush I'd never find it again without using a metal detector. And I also grab ideas from here. :thumbup: :)

Heck, even when they're not dry, the amount of sap burns em up like rocket fuel, you get all kinds of crazy spouts of flame shooting all over! It's a great time!

Back