Quality ???

I have a distributor who lists this brand of knife for sale.
Just curious about them as I'm new to collecting

well watcha wanna know? REKAT makes the most bad a$$ folder around (custom or factory)the SIFU, a 5.5" folder w/a rolling lock - right now the SIFU is the most popular but they make several other models of interest also (ie carnivour and cub, pikuni, etc) they are a small maker w/a limited production capability - imho they make some of the best factory knives around .....

sifu

Thanks, Since I'm new to collecting I am familiar with the larger brands but not the smaller ones.
I want to spread the wealth but not buy soxmething that's not a quality knife.

I own a Sifu and several Pioneers, each is built like a brick XXithouse! From what I read here the people at Rekat are stand behind their products a whole lot better that most.

Hi slicer,
10-4 on the brick XXithouse!! The Rolling Lock is very strong. I've handled some REKAT's that were gritty feeling and stiff until they had been played with a bit. Occasionally hear of some with the blade getting a wee bit off center and rubbing a liner but I've seen that in other folders also. I've never used their customer service but they get high marks for standing behind their product. Many people rank the Sifu #1 as a self-defense folder...hear it cuts steaks and bagels well also ;)
Stay Safe...
Clyde

If you get a REKAT I'm sure you'll be impressed. The sifu is awsome and I just handled a friends carnivor, all have been well built and excellant knives. Some people have claimed to have some problems, but if this becomes an issue, REKAT will fix it fast and have it right back to ya. They are great knives:D

I've had my BF D-2 Enhanced Special Edition black T bladed Sifu now for about two months. At first, if I locked it open gently, there was some vertical blade play, but not now. The lock button has moved towards the blade end when open a wee bit more, so it has "settled in." There is a slight off-centeredness to the blade, but not much, and I will someday loosen, bend and tighten the scales to correct this (if what I have read here works!).

I carry it quite often, but it hasn't been to my health club's bagel table for a while (all my new Spydies have needed to be bagel-baptized).

Someday I will get another in ATS-34, if I don't get a new Savant first! If I have to send it back, oh well. I consider these things to be more "Ferrari" than "Chevy." From what I've read, I do wish REKAT would correct problems before sending new knives out, though. But I can't complain from my one experience.

I'm very impressed with my most expensive knife purchase!

Karl

Back