Question for the experts ?

Hello everyone. I have been reading this forum for a while, but this is my first post. Recently a friend gave me some knives, and I can't seem to locate them in my books. Just wondered if someone here could give me some info on them ?

1- Schrade Walden NYUSA #883

2- Schrade Walden NYUSA Looks like #766

3-Ulstek USA # 580T

Any info on these Knives would be appreciated, Thank You.

Great Forum !!

Mike

The lack of replies indicates a) no one else is reading this forum :)
or b) no one here knows the answers to what you are asking about. :(

Have you tried e-mailing Schrade? I had a similar question about an Ontario folder I found abandoned in a rental car(!) but it wasn't shown on Ontario's web site. I e-mailed them about it and had a very nice and detailed reply the next day. I expect Schrade will do the same.

Thanks Droppoints ! I guess that I will have to try a direct link to Schrade to get my answers. I was hoping that a Schrade forum would have someone willing to give me a couple of answers. Guess I was wrong.

mman:(

While no expert I can comment on the 58OT. The information I have comes from Robert Clemente's book
"A Catalog History of Schrade Knives (Uncle Henry & Old Timer)"
Ulster Old Timer 58OT
Produced as early as 1958. Regular production 1961. Never put in the Schrade catalog but remained in the Ulster catalog. Last year of production 1966.
Last catalog price 1966 4.25

Delrin handle.

Robert can be reached at MajorMarket@charter.net

I was hoping that some of the other Schrade experts would jump in.
Hope this helps somewhat.
Larry

Due to a tragedy in the family I have not checked out this forum for a while, I am doing it now just to take my mind off things. The 766 is a 3" two bladed knife that was made in slick black peachseed bone and assorted Cell. See attached. The 58 OT is a small 3 bladed saw cut delrin stockman that is one of the 3 models offered for 2 dollars on the Prince Albert coupon deal. These are the only Old timers with an ulster tang. I did a thread on these a while back in this forum. I am doing this from memory since my heart is really not in it but it does help pass the time which hangs quite heavy these days. Any way the 883 I do not remember off hand but the 8823LB was in peachseed bone 4" 3 bladed round bolster and was made under Schrade Cut and Schrade Walden making it transitional which means in Schrade Walden in may have been an 883 ( it might have had a punch) the 884 was a similar knife ( 4" round bolstered stockman ) so without checking I guess the 883 was variation of this Chances are I have one but I would have to search for it and photo it. Off hand I do not remember if this last one was made in other materials. I am not up to looking it up. Try Sargeant 1 or 2 ( books)it has some of these in it. I hope this helps LT

LT,
Sorry to hear of your tragedy, we will all be thinking and praying for you and yours.

Bill

Edited for spelling...sheesh.

Sorry to hear about the tragedy in your family LT. Hope everything works out for you.

Thank you for your help.

mman

Back