Question on a new product

R.A.T.

Randall's Adventure & Training
Ok, everyone's wanting an orange handled knife. No orange micarta is available so it has to be G10. The question is do you want a tan powder coat finish, OD Green powder coat finish or black finish coupled with the orange handles? Whatever yall choose is going to be a new line item for RAT Cutlery.

The choice is simple so please choose one of the three:

Tan
OD Green
Black

I WANT OD GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just my opinoin ... kinda crude but not good at coloring but you get the idea..

rtak_ii.jpg

Orange + Tan = Fugly.
Orange + OD = Pumpkin.
Orange + Black = Halloween.

Orange would look best with green or black liners and a satin finished blade.

My vote, were it an option, would be orange over gray parkerized coating style or I'd hold off orange until an alternate blade that can do without coating were in the works.

Orange over OD green is my pick. Orange over black will probably win though.

Orange + Tan = Fugly.
Orange + OD = Pumpkin.
Orange + Black = Halloween.

Orange would look best with green or black liners and a satin finished blade.

My vote, were it an option, would be orange over gray parkerized coating style or I'd hold off orange until an alternate blade that can do without coating were in the works.

Orange over OD green is my pick. Orange over black will probably win though.

OK put me down for a Pumpkin .....LOL !

Who cares if it's ugly as long as you can see it in the woods ;)

My personal vote is for OD green and orange, but the tan and orange would be a winner for easy locating in the woods.

black and orange would nice but od and orange sounds good to

btw R.A.T., when are you going to make a RCTAK

+1 for Orange and OD.

Here is a pic of an OD Swamp Warden using an orange wrap just for example purposes. I like the way these two colors meld together. IMHO

dsc0227kh9.jpg

I WANT OD GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just my opinoin ... kinda crude but not good at coloring but you get the idea..

rtak_ii.jpg

Tony failed coloring class, lol. I agree with Boats or leave it uncoated. From your 3 choices I would go with the OD.

I would have to say black..I think it would look the best. OD would be my second choice.

I voted black in the other thread...

But now that I have thought about it, I think I would like one of each ;)

+1 for Orange and OD.

Here is a pic of an OD Swamp Warden using an orange wrap just for example purposes. I like the way these two colors meld together. IMHO

dsc0227kh9.jpg

If the orange is this vibrant, it will look AWESOME! I'm in!!

Orange and OD Jeff/Mike..... although all this fuss over which blade color is kinda secondary.... orange handle is the biggie IMO

Back