Question on the Victorinox rucksack

Hi everyone,
I can't seem to find the Rucksack model (111 mm slidelock model with saw) on Victorinox's website, and if I'm not mistaken, they seem to be favoring the liner lock for their locking models.
However, I like the slide lock much better. Would anyone know if this model is being discontinued?
Thanks!

i personally dont think the rucksack is discontinued since its pretty favorable... also, supertinker once vanished from victorinox website... i bought several for backup, but infact they're far from discontinued and widely available again...

my favorit slidelock is the Outrider... its just perfect for me... goodluck on your rucksack hunting...

That's encouraging news - thanks for responding!
I went ahead and purchased one, just in case and I've always wondered how well it carries compared to my adventurer.
May you use the Outrider in good health, sir!

Hi everyone,
I can't seem to find the Rucksack model (111 mm slidelock model with saw) on Victorinox's website

Their web catalog is not very helpful. You can download their English 2011 dealers' catalog here:

http://www.victorinox.com/medias/sys_master/swissarmyknives/8823356129310/Catalogue_2011_english.pdf

Be aware it is a 6.4 MB download. The Rucksack is on page 7.

Some items in the catalog (for example, 0.8853 the plain-edge Picknicker) are hard to find here, but if you run a Google search on Victorinox Rucksack, their shopping bot links to dozens of US dealers.

Last edited:
Good to hear that it is still in their catalog! Thanks Piso Mojado. I should have checked there first.

Bumping my thread just to note something:

My order arrived, and I was very surprised that this SAK has some vertical blade play in it! My adventurer's lock is very solid, whereas this one is no different from the play in the linerlock (newer soldier) models.

It's still a great knife, but potential buyers might want to be aware of this. Not sure why this would happen, but it might be a design characteristic.

I've only owned three 111mm knives. 2 Rucks and 1 Hunter over the past 20 yrs. All of these had a certain amount of vertical blade play. Never bothered me. I always believed it was inherent in the design. Glad and a little surprised about your solid Adventurer.

I've only owned three 111mm knives. 2 Rucks and 1 Hunter over the past 20 yrs. All of these had a certain amount of vertical blade play. Never bothered me. I always believed it was inherent in the design. Glad and a little surprised about your solid Adventurer.

Eyegor: I'm sure you'll notice the same if you've handled an Adventurer...they lock pretty solid. Unless it is a fluke or maybe a characteristic of a manufacturing batch. I am not bothered by the play in my Rucksack; it's just that I assumed the slide lock would be as solid as the one in my adventurer.

My collection has gotten so big I'm idly thinking I might look for trading a couple for an EKA Swede 60, my latest "grail" knife!

I also prefer the slidelock to the liner lock. I have two Alpineers and a black-scaled slidelock Fireman. In all of these knives and including another Alpineer that I purchased as a gift for my brother, they all had the same exact slight amount of vertical movement, but no side to side movement whatsoever.

It wasn't just loose slop, but more of a slight "give" against the backspring; which returned to its original position when the pressure is released against the back of the blade.

This consistancy within the four examples that I've come across; one being over a decade older than the rest, leads me to believe that the movement may be intentional within it's design. Personally, It doesn't bother me as it is not used as a hard use folder.

My Alpineer has a negligible amount of vertical play. You have to push fairly hard on the spine of the blade to get it to budge. It's not something that I would ever notice in normal use.

the adventurer has fewer layers if i'm not mistaken, perhaps with the thicker 111's the vertical play is more pronounced?
i have had many slidelock 111's over the last few years, all outriders & rucksacks with only a couple exceptions (serrated adventurer & serrated helmsman), all of which have had varying levels of vertical play, none were as solid vertically as they all have been horizontally, though they are still secure with the lock & i think it's just inherent in the design...

HOWEVER, what brings me here is not the blade slop on slidelock 111's...
in a recent internet search i couldn't find the RUCKSACK either!!!
U.S. retailers are showing it as discontinued, & i could find it on victorinox.com, but not on swissarmy.com... the former isn't a sales site, no prices & all details in metric, whereas the latter does have prices etc.
only online retailers offering the RUCKSACK are overseas...

so, is it discontinued now?

totally serrated rucksack!
i like this for my mess kit!

33313853733_1fa4fe94b7_n.jpg

33313852813_950af889e7_n.jpg

Back