Questions for an admin

I recently joined, and my boss wants me to represent the company. He was told that multiple people within the company can use his membership. How do I attach my profile to his membership, or is that something he has to do? Once that is handled, I need to know how we go about creating a hosted forum.

The rules stipulate each user should have their own account. What kind of business is it that your boss owns? If it relates to the knife world be it buying, selling, trading, anything to do with knives, you may need either a dealer or craftman membership. If you provide more details, it would be easier to provide you with an accurate answer.

Sharing an account can be tricky, there have been issues in the past when a rogue employee logged in and and claimed to be one of 2 people, since the posting originates from the same IP address and possibly same computer/device it is hard to know who is who, saying what. For the sake of clear communication I would advise against it, however Spark will have the last say in the matter.

A while back, we had a supporting dealer that was selling knives, he started posting in a completely different and unprofessional manner, his posts were riddled with broken sentences and phrases laced with profanity etc. When confronted, he said it was his business partner and not him. He further stated he was having issues and his business parter became indebted to someone and needed to sell high dollar knives to make the money back, etc. It was a story that you might find in a B movie script garbage can. He was given the benefit of the doubt once and it continued. We grew tired of that BS and he was banned permanently. He then laced his facebook page with insults towards us, badmouthing the owner and the mods for banning him, etc.

So, you can see the dilemma one might face with more than one person using the same account.

I totally understand that- my boss said that he was told that I could link my profile to his, but with my own screen name- which would eliminate that type of problem.

Ok, do I need to contact him directly, or am I just waiting for a response here?

Rev tagged him in the post above so he'll get a notification of this thread. I'm sure he'll stop by next time he's in town.
You may want to bump this thread every few days so it stays on the first page.

Back