R.I.P. Ellie...

Without going into the details, we had to put our dog, Ellie, down today. She was a rescue my wife saved way back in 2006. She was a very skittish dog who lived in a pen the first 1.5 years of her life. My bride rescued her and gave a new life. She lived the rest of her days with our other dogs and as much love as you can give a dog.

I miss you already, Ellie.

Sorry about your loss. Dog is truly man's best friend. I hope you have lots of good memories.

Condolences. That's never easy.

A loyal dog has no equal in the unconditional love dept.

She's in a better place.

Boss

Very sorry for your loss. The worst part of being a dog parent is knowing that you will ultimately have to make that hard choice. But you can look back happily on the great life that you gave her and all the love that she shared with you.

Ellie found a loving home with you and your family and she happily gave that right back the way dogs do every moment ... from the smile in her eyes to the wag of her tail. Thank goodness your wife found her. You can't help but love them and, at the end of that life of giving, you find ... the bigger the heart, the bigger the hurt. So sorry.

You gave her a wonderful life...for many years.
I'm sorry that you "lost" her. I know how much a dog can mean to a family.
don

I am terribly sorry for your loss.
You two saved Ellie in every sense of the word, and she'll be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Very sorry to read about the loss of your beloved family friend Ellie. As someone who has personally experienced such heartbreaking decisions and eventualities too often for comfort, I just wanted to let you know that you did the right thing by sharing your grief with the rest of us as we all understand as to what you must be going through. Also, major kudos to both you and your bride gave Ellie loving, caring and a wonderful rest of her life as opposed to how she had purportedly started her life.

Thank you so much, guys, for all of the well wishes. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that she's gone. I keep looking for her, when the other dogs bark it sounds different without her distinctive voice, it seems odd not having her food bowl out, etc. I've been through this before, and it's never easy. Thanks again. I appreciate it.

Cheers-

Sorry about your pup. It hurts, but think of the great years you had together.

Back