Randall order delays

Hello everyone,

I ordered a Randall knife (directly from RMK) in early May 2012.
My original ship date was December 2016.
However, I recently received a letter from RMK, stating that Randall was "several weeks behind in production and shipments," and my ship date had therefore been delayed until approximately April 2017 (so the delay is actually four months, not several weeks).
Is this normal?
I realize RMK deals with high-demand, handmade items, so orders take a long time.
I was just wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing.
How can I be sure I was just not pushed to the back of a line, because I was a single-order individual (rather than a dealer who makes regular orders for multiple knives)?
Randall is supposed to be first come, first serve.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

This is the custom forum

I think you would get responses in the Randall area

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I ordered a Randall knife (directly from RMK) in early May 2012.
My original ship date was December 2016.
However, I recently received a letter from RMK, stating that Randall was "several weeks behind in production and shipments," and my ship date had therefore been delayed until approximately April 2017 (so the delay is actually four months, not several weeks).
Is this normal?
I realize RMK deals with high-demand, handmade items, so orders take a long time.
I was just wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing.
How can I be sure I was just not pushed to the back of the line, because I was a single-order individual (rather than a dealer who makes regular orders for multiple knives)?
Randall is supposed to be first come, first serve.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
This is the custom forum

I think you would get responses in the Randall area :)

Yes, this is the "normal" delay for RMK Shop Orders for all.
Dealers are being delayed 4-6 weeks in their orders, and individual orders are running about 4 months delay.

:chargrined:

OP I'm curious. Did you order a one off custom where you picked the options, or a catalog knife?

I got the same letter. Mine was supposed to be ready in September initially, now it'll be next January.

Same here. Delivery was slated for June, received same letter, knife arrived in September. Seems to be across the board with no advantage given.

I initially ordered a model 1 with two options, and then changed it to a non-catalog model 4 6" fighter with three options.

I also received the letter. Letter said (approximately) Oct 6 new ship date. They responded to an email this am that it is scheduled now to ship by the 20th. All in good time!

Mine was pushed back 3 months I think. Got the invoice last week!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back