Random Thought Thread

I know you tear apart/rebuild vehicles, but those small engine carburetors can respond well to emptying the carb bowl, thin wire down the main jet followed with carb cleaner, and starter fluid as well as ‘mechanic in a bottle’. Having to store warm weather engine’s for 7-8 months has taught me🤣

Some times it feels good to give small engines the F u lol

I heard the salmonella is on the egg shell, not inside the egg
Salmonella can get inside eggs too. This happens while the egg is forming inside the chicken before the egg makes a shell. Today, a lot fewer egg-laying hens have this problem than during the 1980s and 1990s, so eggs are safer. But some eggs are still contaminated with Salmonella.
Yes, it’s more commonly on the shell, but can be inside the eggs as well.
https://www.cdc.gov/foodsafety/communication/salmonella-and-eggs.html

Went to use my old pressure washer today.....

It wouldn't start ...... so I kicked it and cussed at it... still won't start.....

Now I'm enjoying beers outside throwing my empties at it still cussing lol
Had a pressure washer issue yesterday too. We had an old electric one that we took over from the wife's parents many years ago. Only 1000psi, but worked fine for the porch and deck. Went to use it yesterday and more water was leaking out of various places than was coming out the business end, and what was coming out wasn't anywhere near full strength. Put it all back in the box and put it at the curb, and it was gone within an hour lol. Went to HD and bought a little Ryobi 1800psi electric one and got the job done.

Had a pressure washer issue yesterday too. We had an old electric one that we took over from the wife's parents many years ago. Only 1000psi, but worked fine for the porch and deck. Went to use it yesterday and more water was leaking out of various places than was coming out the business end, and what was coming out wasn't anywhere near full strength. Put it all back in the box and put it at the curb, and it was gone within an hour lol. Went to HD and bought a little Ryobi 1800psi electric one and got the job done.
I cracked the pump on a Honda washer by not getting all the water out prior to storage. Amazing how much expansion ice can deform metal🤣Now I try to get it out, and use pump protector. Thankfully I found a replacement pump to bolt on so the Honda engine wasn’t wasted.

I cracked the pump on a Honda washer by not getting all the water out prior to storage. Amazing how much expansion ice can deform metal🤣Now I try to get it out, and use pump protector. Thankfully I found a replacement pump to bolt on so the Honda engine wasn’t wasted.
Yeah, hadn't even heard of a pump protector till I read thru the manual on this new one. D'oh!!

I've never had digestive problems with Mexican food so I have always been puzzled at the jokes at its expense - maybe due to its reputation for spicy? Even when I spent time down there in somewhat remote places, the food was exceptional and I never had any issues with it.

Speaking of questionable water: I spent some time in Argentina in my young adulthood. The food down there was wonderful and the people even lovelier - the cuisine was an interesting mix of German and Latin. All I drank down there was Coke, coffee, and tea. I refused to drink any water and I suspect that may have been why I was the only one in my party not to become violently ill at some point during my stay down there.

Last edited:
I've never had digestive problems with Mexican food so I have always been puzzled at the jokes at its expense - maybe due to its reputation for spicy? Even when I spent time down there in somewhat remote places, the food was exceptional and I never had any issues with it.

Speaking of questionable water: I spent some time in Argentina in my young adulthood. The food down there was wonderful and the people even lovelier - the cuisine was an interesting mix of German and Latin. All I drank down there was Coke, coffee, and tea. I refused to drink any water and I suspect that may have been why I was the only one in my party not to become violently ill at some point during my stay down there.
Indeed. I think a lot of folks who aren't accustomed to spicy foods eat Mexican food and blame discomfort on the spices. But, I'm convinced the real culprit is that people overeat Tex-Mex and have trouble dealing with the high grease content from being cooked with Lard and smothered in jack-cheeses. Then they blame the spice.

Indeed. I think a lot of folks who aren't accustomed to spicy foods eat Mexican food and blame discomfort on the spices. But, I'm convinced the real culprit is that people overeat Tex-Mex and have trouble dealing with the high grease content from being cooked with Lard and smothered in jack-cheeses. Then they blame the spice.
For some of us, it's just the spices. Indian food does it to me. Do I care? No. I love Mexican food and Indian food. My toilet can just deal with it.

I will say this though, if you don't have a bidet, you're missing out. Oh, and you're a disgusting animal.

Outcast wrote "So fresh, So clean" after experiencing a bidet.

I will say this though, if you don't have a bidet, you're missing out. Oh, and you're a disgusting animal.

Exodus 14:22​

22 And the people of Israel went into the midst of the sea on dry ground, the waters being a wall to them on their right hand and on their left. And a jet of cleansing water washed away the Bell of Taco.

Last edited:
For some of us, it's just the spices. Indian food does it to me. Do I care? No. I love Mexican food and Indian food. My toilet can just deal with it.

The spice must flow.

Back