RC-6 weight

R.A.T.

Randall's Adventure & Training
We just weighed the RC-6 knife and it comes in at 11.8 ounces. This is weighed without the sheath. That's pretty light for such a large blade.

Jeff

RAT-7 weighs a little over 13 ounces, RAT-5 weighs 11.5 ounces, and the TAK weighs 10.5 ounces.

Thanks......saved a few ounces for a big blade....Man I can't wait to get my mitts on the RC4 & an RC6....

RAT-7 weighs a little over 13 ounces, RAT-5 weighs 11.5 ounces, and the TAK weighs 10.5 ounces.

how were these weight savings achieved? i thought that both knives are within .5" in total length, no? so it can't be as simple as the RC-6 being a smaller knife...

Nothing has been changed except the flat grind is true and flat. The flat grind on the RAT-7 and others was not consistent in the past and the extra weight was due to extra steel in the taper, while others would have a real thin taper and weight less. In fact, that's one of the things that Ontario is suppose to be changing with their new production procedures. With the RC-6 we didn't set out to make it lighter or have a weight savings, but it came out with a good weight once it got ground to specs.

One of the major changes in the RC-6 (from RAT 7) will be the sheathing. The sheath system for the RC-6 will be in the stratosphere relative to what we use for the RAT 7 at Ontario. It will greatly multiply the variations which can be used to carry the knife and it will be far more durable. We should have photos right after SHOT for you to see. The other major change is quality will be higher and slight changes in handle to blade angle to improve handling. Of course whether it is RAT Cutlery or RAT/Ontario you get customer service second to none in the industry.:) Thank you for buying and using our knives, Mike

Jeff & Mike

I'm looking forward to getting an RC6 and sheath. I mentioned elsewhere I don't buy a lot of new knives anymore, but... the RCs are great. I really appreciate the flat grind. Thanks for a good product.

I quit buying sheath knives for a while and concentrated my money to folders. Now that Rat Cutlery is in business I've turned my attention back to sheath blades. Rat knives are the best I have found for what I do; if we can just get them to build folding knives then they will be the best overall knife company there is. Anyone who hasnt compared Rat cutlery RC3 to the RAT3 is missing something. The RC3 is the best knife this size that has ben made to date. Im looking forward to the RC6.

Jeff & Mike

I'm looking forward to getting an RC6 and sheath. I mentioned elsewhere I don't buy a lot of new knives anymore, but... the RCs are great. I really appreciate the flat grind. Thanks for a good product.

Nice to know that such a capable knife will be light and easy to carry too ~ ; - )

There is an elastic band around the accessory pouch on the Ontario/RAT sheaths just to keep the contents of the pouch compact and from banging around too much. By keeping the mouth of the pouch tight as possible it might also keep a very small item from slipping out the top of the pouch.

Back