Real

FNG

BANNED
I would just ask that you keep it real. You would not believe the sweat that goes into those wings and tab.

Those blood wings, in July and Aug. of 1964, were pricey.

I almost think the CIB cost less.

Maybe it doesn`t matter anymore.

Ya`ll decide.

[This message has been edited by FNG (edited 02-01-2001).]

OK, let me get this.

You are putting my wings and ranger tab on a product and selling it for big bucks.

The JWTC patch would not fit.

Is that pretty much the drift?

Fine with me. Buen suarte.

Thanks for your comments here FNG. The tab permission was courtesy of the Ranger Training Brigade...what pleases them, pleases me.

$150 is affordable....Ranger budgets were in mind when we established the offering.
smile.gif

The price you and your brothers paid for the Tab and Wings is too high for the American Tomahawk Company....all we can do is try to give you and yours honor and tribute.

Our thanks for your support and good wishes!!

------------------
Andy Prisco,
Co-Founder, Manager
American Tomahawk Company
877-557-5200
http://www.americantomahawk.com
----------------------

[This message has been edited by Andy Prisco (edited 02-01-2001).]

FNG,

I don't think ATC is trying to make big bucks off of Rangers. I think they just wanted to revive an authentic piece of American History. This in fact was a "weapon" and "tool" used by the Rangers Founding Fathers.

I have talked to Andy about this Hawk over the phone and from what I hear, the Rangers think its great! I think ATC meant no disrespect. In fact, quite the opposite it seems if they are contributing to the Rangers with some sales proceeds.

Have you noticed how many "Seal" products, not just knives, there are these days. I wonder if any of those companies are contributing some proceeds to the "Seals".

My .02.

Out

Andy,

I see FNG's point here. I, too, am hesitant about buying the hawk because of the tab. I was in ROTC while at Mississippi University. While I never wanted to be a Ranger, we had some in our battalion. The only thing I did that was close was what we call Ranger Battalion which was small unit tactics. You learn quick that you don't wear wings if your not airborne, don't wear a beret if your not SF and you don't wear a tab if you didn't earn it. Can we order a version with just the wood handle without the tab on it? That way it would just be a historical version of Rodgers' hawk. The money could still go to the RTB.

------------------
Ben Lee
AOL IM: MSURifleman

I own a couple Garands and I wasn't in the service. Does that make it wrong to own them?
I think not. I doubt if anyone who buys a Ranger 'Hawk will be thinking anything but about the honor and sacrifice these brave men made. I do every time I shoot my Garands.

I am sorry BenLee, I don't see your point. It's not like wearing a beret, t-shirt, crest, tab or anything alse that says "Ranger" incinuating that you are one.

This is simply an original Rogers Rangers Hawk. The Ranger Tab is a tribute to the men who have earned the right to actually WEAR the tab. The presence of the tab on the handle in no way makes a CLAIM. It simply identifies the historical significance. Andy tells me this Hawk is was in fact commissioned by the RTB.

This is just my opinion, if you know some (and I do) I don't think they would be offended. I know people who wear unit patches of their brothers, cousins and friends out of respect for their service. Now if your claiming to be something your not when you wear it, then thats a whole different ball game.

However, if you want it that way I am sure Andy would be pleased to offer you one without the tab.

[This message has been edited by GPB (edited 02-02-2001).]

Um, rdnzl, not even close to the same thing. I have a HK93, but its not like I run around where GSG9 insigna on either. That would be the differnce.
I would like a replica just like the original. If you carry this hawk, like I would, then most if not all people would assume that you were a Ranger. I'm not, never was and never will be a Ranger. I was in ROTC for military intel and would be if I wouldn't have graduated early. I love the concept of the Rodgers hawk, but I would like one like the original. The military is like a brotherhood. Civilians just don't understand it.

------------------
Ben Lee

I can appreciate all of these viewpoints and would rather not get into a heavy discussion about it. The configuration of the entire Rogers' Rangers Series was approved by our contacts at the RTB.

In short, any customer can order a plain hickory handle in addition to their full Rogers' Rangers Hawk package. Simply tap the garnished handle out and tap in your plain one. (well..it may not be so simple as we put them in with a press, but if you use a rubber headed hammer, it's no big feat)

It's only a few bucks more and will do the trick for anyone not wishing to use or carry the burned handle...the Hawk will remain unchanged in terms of value, warranty, and authenticity. One of the reasons is that the owner will still have the burned handle, allowing for product value retention.

Unfortunatley, we will not be able to single out orders for plain or std. handle configurations, as the orders have been overwhelming. Adding a plain handle to an order is no problem though.....easy to throw into the box with a finished Ranger Hawk...we will get you covered.

Nuff said.
smile.gif

------------------
Andy Prisco,
Co-Founder, Manager
877-557-5200
----------------------

Just for the record, I am not a civi and I do understand it.

I am glad we can agree to disagree.

Out

Andy,

Will do soon as I get this UNIX migration done. I think I might need it before then though to use on this UNIX box!!!
smile.gif

------------------
Ben Lee

You're not the first person to talk about UNIX that way!!! Please let me know if I can be of assistance in servicing the unit with a Light Infantry Hawk!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Andy Prisco,
Co-Founder, Manager
877-557-5200
----------------------

Andy,HAWKEYE;
My PMO was in the mail today at approx. 11:00am. Looking forward to receiving my Light Infantry Hawk.

OH, will it have an edge cover/sheath or? and I would not mind having an unmarked handle thrown into the box either.(save the branded one for later
biggrin.gif
)

rolleyes.gif

------------------
Ron,
Bremerton, Washington
0071.gif

I also have an 03-A3 that saw time in the Pacific. I feel honored to shoot it.

Although I was never in the military I have two uncles who saw rough duty, one on Iwo Jima who was awarded a Purple Heart and the other who did "classified" time in Korea.
They both think the Ranger Hawk is a great idea, and look forward to me showing them one!

[This message has been edited by rdnzl (edited 02-03-2001).]

Ben......send me your number via e-mail and I will call you tonight or tomorrow...just outline some good times to call.

Ron.....THANKS!!! We are working out sheath details and I will let you know post haste...no prob on the extra handle.

Rog...please extend my thanks to your Uncles for their interest in our Hawks and their service to our country!!! I'll do a "family" deal for ya!

------------------
Andy Prisco,
Co-Founder, Manager
877-557-5200
----------------------

[This message has been edited by Andy Prisco (edited 02-03-2001).]

rdnzl,

Tell your uncles "thanks for their service to our country".

My grandfather and father were in WWI and WWII respectively. GF:Navy, F:Army Artillery.

My service was other than wartime.

Shoot them thar rifles with pride!

Out

Though he doesn't talk about it much my uncle Bob saw the flag raised on Mt Sirubachi
(sp?)on Iwo Jima. He was wounded while crawling on his belly with a spool of comm wire while a firefight was raging around him.

Those of us who have never faced live fire from an enemy bent on killing you cannot know what it is really like.

For those of you who know any WWII veterans, cherish them and their stories while they are still among us, for their numbers are dwindling.

[This message has been edited by rdnzl (edited 02-03-2001).]

Back