Recent Kabar purchase - Thanks Kabar - just what I wanted

Hi everyone,

I recently saw the busse 1311 for sale and wanted it. Unfortunately it was only available to forum members..

It is great size and I like the idea of an strong over engineered machete that I would beat the crap out of.. It was exactly what I wanted and its not a common design.

When I could not get the 1311 I started searching. It was difficult to find anything around the same size/design.

Eventually I settled upon the kabar grass 14 ' machete. Now I am not going to suggest these blades are in the same ball park in any way (1085 vs sr101). That being said I can buy 4 kabar machete for every 1311 I buy.

I have the kabar standard and kukri and they are the most comfortable handles on any of my knives. The kukri has held up well to my poor throwing techniques and regular chopping sessions.

Thanks Kabar (and tomars kabars). I am stoked to have 2 x the kabar 14 grass machete on the way..

I was really disappointed that I couldn't get the 1311 but now I feel a little fortunate that I couldn't.

Given how much I love the kabar kukri, I am sure I will fall in love with these guys..

Do you have the grass machete? What do you think of it and how much have you beaten it..?

Last edited:
I was drooling over the 1311 in the chopper compilation thread but dang that thing is money. I did just get the Heavy Warthog and I love that handle. The grass machete is on my short list. But then again, my short list is pretty long.

I was drooling over the 1311 in the chopper compilation thread but dang that thing is money. I did just get the Heavy Warthog and I love that handle. The grass machete is on my short list. But then again, my short list is pretty long.

Agreed..

This was not mean't as a busse bashing thread. I was just put out when I decided I wanted a 13inch+ blade and a single handed grip there was not much that I liked available.

I love the comfort of Kabar handles...

I gots me one, and love the shit outta this thing. I find myself grabbing it more and more than my Condors, mostly because of the heat treat is so kuch better, and that double hollow grind, throws media like a pitcher on roids.

Mine is much more used now than when this pic was taken, and don't mind that green handle, I'm a mod around here........I has cool shit like that.....:D

2012-01-04004915.jpg

Moose

Back