Votes: 25 96.2%
  • I don't wear pants

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
We're gonna need a belt thread.

These are something that I'd like to become a permanent fixture of Redmeadow.

I've been cutting my teeth on them here and there with the intention of having Dibs for them available at some point.

Gunslinger stitching
20220914_092640-01.jpeg

20211113_153006-01.jpeg

Oval holes 3/4" apart
20211020_172914-02.jpeg

20211020_183105-01.jpeg

One I tooled for the Mrs. with Dustin thread, it changes color along it's length and has a really neat look to it.
20211225_100714-01.jpeg

20211225_100651-01.jpeg

Hell we even got fancy boxes
20211110_170159-01.jpeg

An early one I did for my boy that he's outgrown, both the kids need new belts already.
20210327_202740-01.jpeg

My daughter is going to tool her own and carve horses in it. I'll be posting their work in here too.

I've been cutting my teeth on them here and there with the intention of having Dibs for them available at some point.

Gunslinger stitching
View attachment 2074927

View attachment 2074931

Oval holes 3/4" apart
View attachment 2074926

View attachment 2074924

One I tooled for the Mrs. with Dustin thread, it changes color along it's length and has a really neat look to it.
View attachment 2074923

View attachment 2074929

View attachment 2074925

An early one I did for my boy that he's outgrown, both the kids need new belts already.
View attachment 2074930

My daughter is going to tool her own and carve horses in it. I'll be posting their work in here too.

I'm definitely going to need me a Redmeadow belt. I'm still rocking the one that I made myself close to 20 years ago.

I definitely need one! Only belts I currently have are thin dress style...need something more substantial.

Gunslinger stitching
View attachment 2074927

View attachment 2074931

Oval holes 3/4" apart
View attachment 2074926

View attachment 2074924

View attachment 2074923

View attachment 2074929

View attachment 2074925

View attachment 2074930

Those are simply great!! Excellent work and great edges, particularly on that buff. That stuff done't edge well easy. Ya got the Cobra finisher? You really ready for a Cobra 20 now.

I had a belt with 3/4” spacing and I gotta say it was comfortable and convenient when carrying IWB.
I like the 3/4" spacing. A knife and a 1911 IWB needs 2 holes after dinner, a J-Frame before lunch just needs one lol.

Those are simply great!! Excellent work and great edges, particularly on that buff. That stuff done't edge well easy. Ya got the Cobra finisher? You really ready for a Cobra 20 now.
Thanks Dave, I picked up the burnisher last year at the Sheridan show. Yeah that buff sure doesn't burnish like veg tan, it's tricky and doesn't care about water at all.

I might break down and get a 20 at this years show. If not this one definitely next years. Between the show price and saving on shipping it'll be worth it.

I like the 3/4" spacing. A knife and a 1911 IWB needs 2 holes after dinner, a J-Frame before lunch just needs one lol.

Thanks Dave, I picked up the burnisher last year at the Sheridan show. Yeah that buff sure doesn't burnish like veg tan, it's tricky and doesn't care about water at all.

I might break down and get a 20 at this years show. If not this one definitely next years. Between the show price and saving on shipping it'll be worth it.
My own personal belt is seven holes at 3/4" centers. It does make a difference. While I seldom carry IWB, even with OWB different guns/holsters need differing amounts of real estate Bad luck to have an even amount of holes too, always an odd number.

Good deal on the burnisher. It makes a difference. Nichole on her burnisher often can get a better edge then I can out in the shop on those buff belts. Last couple I've made I've come in and used the burnisher. I've found that just plain water probably gives me the best edge on buff for me with just a hint of paraffin on my rubbing stick. I use a rosewood turned stick on a lathe in the shop. On straps for my rifle scabbards which are buff but not lined, I'll literally submerge the whole strap prior to burnishing. After burnishing I've gone to giving just the edge two coats of BagKote. I feel that it makes that nice edge last longer.

Yeah thats the way to do it. Pick it up and save on shipping. We're only a couple of hours from their home base so we'll go and pick stuff up. They'll have it built and purring for ya, show ya how to use it and load it and tie er down for ya. Good outfit. Plus ya get to see Thor.

John’s belts are pretty awesome guys!!! You’re NOT going to be disappointed!

I have one in brown, and one in black. (ETA - in fact, I believe the first pic on the blue truck is one of mine…) One gets worn every day. They have proven to be even sturdier than my Beltman gun belts! 😎

ETA2 - Here‘s my black one…

22C297FB-CCA0-4633-AEA9-3C293FD7520E.jpeg

Last edited:
Back