• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Rehandles,filework,MULES!Cleanups,polish,sharpen,e ct.

Hello, I have my fathers old Case XX, an heirloom of sorts, that I would like to have repaired. Here's the story ; When my grandfather immigrated to this country from Portugal he brought with him a whales tooth. He gave the tooth to my father. My father had scales made for his hunting knife, the case XX, from the tooth. Problem is that whoever mounted the scales did not pin the scales but simply epoxyed them and they have fallen off. I would like to have them mounted properly. Can you help ?
Yes,I can take it apart and pin it,or clean everything and reglue it where it wont come off.Contact me directly @ mr_knife_guy2003@yahoo.com

Don - I bought this old Camillus #23 back in 2010 form Cory (comoha here on BF) and he said he'd had you re-scale it for him. Do you remember what type of bone you used here? I'm reducing my collection down to a few dozen, and I'm definitely keeping this one. I'd like to know what the handle material is for my records.

This is one of my favorite knives. Every time I show it to someone I get comments on it. :thumbup:

~Chris

Chris,I've done some work for Cory,but i don't think i did that job.It appears to be dyed and jigged cow shin bone to me.Don

Okay, thanks; I'll PM Cory & see if he might remember. It's not a big deal, and it's great work.

~Chris

Purchased a Grayman Dua a few months ago. I love the beefy build of this knife (compared my small Sebenza) and made a few modifications to suit my ergos. Most of the mods were inspired by the Sebenza: 1) rounded the blade spine. 2)ground the blade belly and handle to create a bigger choil. 3) Ground the handle at the thumb stud to make blade deployment easier.

I'm very happy with the mods i made although having trouble with the finishing. The tooling in my shop is not refined enough for what i would consider a proper finish such as smoothing and polishing or coating. Looking for someone to do the remaining finish work . Hoping you will make suggestions. Thanks.

I'm looking for a revised Vic Farmer.

Add scissors.
Ad stag covers.
Preferably with tweezers, toothpick, pen.
If the ring in hidden, that's gravy.

Is that in your wheelhouse?

Mr.Seals,
Looking for someone to take out the blade play on a big Case folder. Do you do that type of work?

Mark T.

Seals,

Do you work on Victorinox knives?

I want a Farmer with a scissors, stag covers, pen-tweezers-toothpick, and hidden ring.

Is that is your wheelhouse?

I have a short chef's knife that I would like new handles on. Email me pjskitt at msn . com Thanks, Preston

Back