REKAT Information

FPH

I just received my Special Edition Sifu and need some information for my records. What year was the Sifu introduced? What is REKAT’s address?

Thanks,
Fred

------------------
Knife Nut in "flyover country"

Fred, try REKAT first, and if they don't respond, you might try Jim March, who was at least partly in on the Sifu's development (if I remember correctly). Since he's very busy right now with fighting the tyrants in CA, search for his old threads on this subject. If you don't get anything, wait a few weeks, see what he's doing in the political forum, and then maybe contact him.

Karl

------------------
"Celebrate the diversity of inclusive, self-esteem nurturing, multicultural weapons arts." Karl Spaulding, The Safety Guy

REKATs' mailing address is:

REKAT
P.O. Box 818
Sagle, ID 83860

Their phone number is: (208)-265-8858

Sorry, but I can't help you on the date of introduction of the Sifu...Bob Brothers will probably give you an answer when he returns here to the forum.
smile.gif

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
<A HREF="mailto:glockman99@hotmail.com
glockman99@yahoo.com">glockman99@hotmail.com
glockman99@yahoo.com</A>
ICQ# 53675663

Thanks Dann

------------------

For the record, my sole input was to get REKAT to do a megafolder in the first place, and the blade length. I was originally talking about 6" to match the CS Vaquero Grande, they balked at how that would limit their market, so I offered 5.45" to stay inside the Texas legal limit
biggrin.gif
. That gave us CA, AZ, TX and several other states as a potential market.

Everything else about it, fingergrooves and all, are REKAT's work.

Now, as to how long I've had this bad boy (they let me buy SN1)...I got mine around the fall of '99. It wasn't the first of that batch of 70 handgrounds to ship from Mike'n'Spark, but it was close to it. Mine lacks a pocket clip which is fine by me - you only see that in the very oldest.

I just searched my "sent mail" folder...on 8/30/99 I knew I was getting SN1 soon. On 9/13/99 I sent mail to VG describing it, so it seems I had it by then...not 100% sure though from the context, but by 10/01/99 I definately had it in hand. Others may have had specimens in hand as early as about 9/10/99 or so.

Hope this helps,

Jim

Thanks Jim

------------------

Back