REKAT Neck Knife Petition

Shawn, you will like your REKAT UNK. It is so slim and small, I can carry it in the front pocket of my jeans, using the sheath as just a blade cover. It carries great that way, and very handy.

The 1095 will get VERY sharp; I proved that.

------------------
Work hard, play hard, live long.
Outlaw_Dogboy

Speaking of cutting yourself with a REKAT neck knife....

I ordered a Fang a couple weeks ago. It came, I like it etc. Maybe two hours after it arrived I was sitting on the couch watching CNN while slowly drawing and inserting the Fang from its sheath. I was doing it very slowly just trying to build up a little muscle memory about the amount of force required. Since this was being done slowly and over and over I was holding the sheath in my left hand. Somehow I flipped the sheath upside down so that my left index finger was closest to the opening. I guess it gradually moved downward as my attention focused on the TV. The moment came where I withdrew the knife and it bit right into the inside middle joint of the index finger. Didn't feel a thing but the blood came pouring out. It was like a 3/4 inch scapel cut. It bled off and on for two or three days. Everytime I changed the bandage or banged it on something it would start bleeding again.

Got to be more careful and keep my mind on what I'm doing! (And watch out for those Blue Natives. The slightest touch of that spearpoint and you are going to bleed!)

Tulsamal, you described what happened to me, almost perfect. Except in my case, I was in a hurry and just grabbed the sheath in my left hand, pulled the UNK out, and realized I'd just gotten a new scar.
redface.gif
wink.gif

I like these knives.

------------------
Outlaw_Dogboy

Thought it might be time to bring this one baaaaack to the top.

------------------
Outlaw_Dogboy

Add my name to this list. Please don't let a good thing like these knives go bye-bye!
They are the best small knife out there right now.
A lotta potential in a small package! Knives like these knives are really hard to come by!

------------------
If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid.

Add me to the list too. I just started getting into REKAT (my PioneerII should be here any day now...) and neck knives. The Fang will be next on the list.

OK, add my name to the petition. I have a ATS-34 Fang I got off of Thrawn, love it.

Donald

OK, so where do I get a ATS-34 neck knife?
I see all this talk about ATS-34 Fangs but, I can not find one.
Are they left silver without the black coating? If they are silver than that would be cool
smile.gif

And what is this Green coated Fang about?
Are they just Fangs or can I get a Utility in ATS-34 also?
Just would like to know. Thanks

------------------

I thought I threw my 2 cents in here already. The Fang has been my daily neck carry for well over a year. I'd hate to see it go away.

------------------
Cheers,

--+Brian+--

CAL, the ATS-34 version doesn't have a coating, or at least the commonly available ones don't. Bob told me they do have some ATS Black Ti one out there, but since the ATS-34 version itself bombed out (at least profit wise for REKAT) b/c of it's $84.95 (w/ full amenities--belt clip, etc.), they decided against a large Black Ti output. I have an ATS-34 model myself, and love it. I'd actually like to get ahold of a green (I think it's green Ti) Utility and a Black Ti 1095 Fang. But as you know, they're both hard to find these days!

Okay, Rekat neck knife fans, Mike T has a thread in general discussion about BF knives of the month club. He just added on neck knife as a category. Go vote. Maybe Bob T. can be convinced to make a special BF version, or to keep his neck knife line going.

sing

I just had thin Micarta scales put on my Fang & I want another one- please don't discontinue these fine Knives!
Thank You!
Michael ("Rugger")

------------------
Runs With Scissors
AKTI# A000107

Ah, good idea, special version for us as a going away present ? It shouldn't be real costly to run a couple of hundred more in the basic model, with Bladeforums on the blade ?

Hope the survey and the numbers can convince Bob T to put a nice Micarta handle on some Fangs. That would be a real gem!

I agree, handle scales would make either model even more perfect. Additionally, a handle about 3/4" longer on the Fang would improve it even more. I'm more in favor of G-10, but I've seen some pretty attractive Micarta handles, too. The slabs shouldn't be too thick, though, about the width of paracord. Whatever the width that the guy had his modified as sounds perfect to me. I REALLY do hope Mr. Taylor's reading this and that it does get his attention. Keep the posts coming, folks!

How about a limited run of Fang's in Talonite!

I've been thinking about putting scales on my Fang too. Anyone know where to get a small amount of G-10 or Micarta?

I've been thinking about putting scales on my UNK, but don't know where to get any G-10 or Micarta to use. I think a black REKAT with blue or green micarta or G-10 would be awesome.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Outlaw_Dogboy

Whoa, I better stop procrastinating and buy a Fang now (If I can still find one). I've wanted one for awhile now but always seem to have bought something else. Better yet, keep making them and I'll buy a Utility later too.

Back