Remembering 9/11 in Stan. Pix from Sarge.

And here they are. Good guys, all. Sarge can give on the spot commentary.

Attachments

• remembering 9-11 stan style.jpg
    remembering 9-11 stan style.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 279
Thanks Uncle,
On this day of remembrance, we wanted to also remember the good guys from the Cantina who donated khuks for Enduring Freedom. Not all the folks in the picture are the actual owners, some are standing in for guys who couldn't break away to be in the picture. The flag pole behind us belongs to some helicopter mechanics from Texas (hence the Lone Star flag which nearly brought tears to my eyes).
We're all in this together, and we appreciate all the support we've recieved from the HI family. We have been, are, and will be, taking it to the people behind what happened last September. We'll never forget, and we'll make sure they don't either.

Sarge

All the best to you and your men Sarge:)

We're damn proud of you all and glad you're doing what you're doing!!

Edit: That doesn't really cover it. I spent my morning photographing a memorial service at a local fire department for the fallen firefighters of the NYFD, and of the September 11th attacks. Very moving and uplifting ceremony. Came home to my house, and my little girl safe and sound who ran and gave me a big hug. I hugged her as tight as I could without breaking anything.

That's what I'm thanking you and all the guys over there for---for keeping us all safe, so we can come home and hug our loved ones again.

Thank you.

Thank you for your commitment to our country & our freedom. Blessings on all of you.

:D Very cool Sarge! Thank you for sharring and for what you guys are doing over there.

BTW My school is also holding a memorial service today. There was a Flag Ceramony and prayer this morning, something at noon and another Flag Ceramony and something else tonight.

Since you are doing for us, what can we do for you.?
Is there something that I can send you that you really need?
My prayers still go out for you.:)

"what can we do for you?"
Pappy, I'm a pretty observant fellow. I can read into your postings and tell with reasonable certainty that you thought very highly of your 18" Sirupati. In fact, it was probably your favorite khukri unless I miss my guess. Yet, it was the one you unhesitatingly offered up, because you wanted a young serviceman to be properly armed in a distant and hostile place. To me that speaks whole volumes.
I thank you for your prayers, please keep sending them. Soon enough, we'll be home and adding our prayers to yours on behalf of those still here.

Sarge

Wish I were there with you Sarge. It would be worth it to get a chance to nail those bastards to the wall.

Back