Remington UMC R10 giveaway

Dergyll

Gold Member
Like my previous giveaways, I will do a random name wheel to get the winner. End time is Wednesday 6/1/22 8pm EST. Winner will be contacted promptly; If no response within 1hr, a second winner will be drawn, etc.

This time, I figured it's appropriate to giveaway this here Remington UMC R10. It's a slim trapper style with half stops for the clip and spey. Made in the U S of A! Feel free to google for more details. Comes with the original box, but not the little pamphlet. Condition is good, action is great!

Post an I'm In! Followed by a story, adage, or anything you want to share from yourself, a relative, or friend who served.

Thanks again for your interest, wish everyone a good day.

Last edited:
I'm in! I have a friend who (sharing the surname) would love to have a vintage Remington knife.

I've been spotty on actually checking the forum daily (much less hourly), but if you message me, I do respond to email quickly, and the forum messages do usually give me an email alert. And if you contact me and I fail to respond, then that is no one's fault but mine anyway.

I'm in.

On my fathers side My Grandfather served in WWII; He never left the country due to his age and other factors (my father was 13 at the time). I have photos of him in uniform; probably the oldest guy in his unit.

On my mother's side I had several great uncles that served in WWII; one was wounded in action.

My Brother-in-Law was a Viet Nam era marine stationed around Da Nang while my other BIL was Air Force stationed at a radar station in Sondestrom Greenland

I'd like to enter however I'll already have been asleep for a couple hours by 8pm wednesday so I couldnt respond within the hour. I wake up at 130am for work. None the less, I'd like to share a something.

Both my granddad's served during wartime. My grandpa on my moms side was a captain in the army and stormed the beaches of Okinawa, one of WW2's bloodiest battles and the last major battle of the war. The US suffered almost 50,000 causualties and almost 13,000 killed. Japan suffered 110,000 soldiers killed. He was a knats hair away from having to go to Korea for the Korean war also but just barely retired on time to miss it, praise the lord.

My grandpa on my dads side was a Merchant Marine also during WW2 and supplied our US troops with the supplies and transport needed to win the war. 1,554 merchant marine ships were sunk during the war, many or most of the merchant marines on board lost their lives when their ships went down.

I'm really glad for this giveaway because it forced me to sit down and research what both my granddad's did during the war and what they sacrificed in order for my family to live in freedom the way we do. I like reading up on this stuff every Memorial and Veteran's Day. Thank you for helping me take some time to consider all this and thank you for your generosity.

I'd like to enter however I'll already have been asleep for a couple hours by 8pm wednesday so I couldnt respond within the hour. I wake up at 130am for work. None the less, I'd like to share a something.

Both my granddad's served during wartime. My grandpa on my moms side was a captain in the army and stormed the beaches of Okinawa, one of WW2's bloodiest battles and the last major battle of the war. The US suffered almost 50,000 causualties and almost 13,000 killed. Japan suffered 110,000 soldiers killed. He was a knats hair away from having to go to Korea for the Korean war also but just barely retired on time to miss it, praise the lord.

My grandpa on my dads side was a Merchant Marine also during WW2 and supplied our US troops with the supplies and transport needed to win the war. 1,554 merchant marine ships were sunk during the war, many or most of the merchant marines on board lost their lives when their ships went down.

I'm really glad for this giveaway because it forced me to sit down and research what both my granddad's did during the war and what they sacrificed in order for my family to live in freedom the way we do. I like reading up on this stuff every Memorial and Veteran's Day. Thank you for helping me take some time to consider all this and thank you for your generosity.
Don't worry friend, that 1hr rule is not a hard rule :)

That's interesting to have someone's point of view from the other side. Glad to have you here!
5Ex3q14.jpg

Count me in. My family has been military for several generations. Myself and another brother were both Marines and served with the multi national peace keeping force in Beirut, Lebanon 83 to 84. Our father was a Korea and Vietnam veteran. 2 uncles served in WW2. My grandfather served in WW1 and his father fought in the Spanish American War. Kind of raised to fight and raise a little heck. LOL

In!
My uncles and mother served in the Romanian Army. Uncles saw some stuff, but my mother just did the compulsory training, I shudder to think of her in the 8 layers of clothes like the Michelin Man, squeezing off 7x62 rounds in the snow. Lol

Count me in, my father was a WW2 Veteran, besides I love Remington knives.

I'm in!

My uncle was Army, Father-in-law's Navy and for myself, I tried Marine Corps but having Muscular Dystrophy is a disqualifying problem for prospective recruits. I am however a life member Associate in the Marine Corps League.

Back