• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

[removed] Basketweave Damascus Bottle Opener

As promised in my last post, I planned to get a few of my first basketweave mosaic openers done... First attempt on Wed to unfold the billet went smoothly (first time unfolding a mosaic, so expected failure), and then a weld failed when slot punching... D'OH! Here's a pic of the mistake, and the end piece of the billet:

5biYrk0.jpg

So instead I decided to put a twist on it... and then cut it in half and forge into openers. Here's the end result, front and back:

n0iH2td.jpg

skrT41R.jpg

I'm liking the pattern, so the smaller one has already found it's way onto my keychain, but may be up for grabs at a later date...

The larger one is $135 (via PayPal) shipped CONUS, first I'll take it gets it...

Details:
1080 and 15N20 - you can count the layers in the first pic...
2.9 oz
5 3/4" long x 1 5/8" wide at the business end
mineral oil coating
normalized after final forging

I've still got a bit more of this billet, so likely it'll end up as more openers...

Cheers,
David

PS. I'll give it a week here before moving it to / posting it on that craft site...

Last edited:
Back