Resiprene-C (and Basics) Resource Thread

At one time I hunted for a full set of Basics and found one I never knew was made.

I was trying to show here how asymmetric the grinds were.

IIRC there were some Basics that were only sold through a seller in Germany, a 4 and a 6?

I think those are represented in Tony G’s collection above. To me, from top-to-bottom looks like:

Smooth B9
Crinkle B9
Smooth B7
Crinkle B7
German B6
Crinkle B5
Smooth B5
German B4
B3

F2B5A324-F9CB-4CF5-8162-727107DB09F7.jpeg

Last edited:
Wild guess.:D BTW, don’t let my wife hear you say that.:confused:

And thanks for reminding me they went by “Euro”, not “German”. Obviously I’m not always right.:eek: But as Guy said, I believe the dealer for those was in Germany.

ETA—Had the top two B9’s in reverse order. Top one is smooth; now corrected.

Last edited:
Hey Stump—

We need a pic of your famous Euro 6 in this thread—for posterity!:thumbsup::cool:

ETA—Wasn’t that knife your inspiration for the HOGB8 idea?

Last edited:
My 2 cents with Res-C:

IMG-3219.jpg

Yes they're comfy
Yes they're tough
Yes they make the knives light (the lightest of their kind imo)
Yes they're extremely good for actual knife work
Yes they're extremely good for very cold environments (superior to any other material imo)

Hey Stump—

We need a pic of your famous Euro 6 in this thread—for posterity!:thumbsup::cool:

ETA—Wasn’t that knife your inspiration for the HOGB8 idea?

Will, You mean this little guy? I wouldn't worry about this little guy....
pkxIjBQ.jpg

ZL4XUTe.jpg

Yeah, the EB6 was partly to blame for my desire for THICK INFI (I think they are .275"). Mine originally had the desert camo spray paint on the blade, but I stripped it and sent it to Nate for sharpening. Here it is before with a Camp Tramp (early days bad picture) and after it came back from Nate (a little better picture)...
MpTtu3U.jpg

TP3ax63.jpg

It's currently back with Nate right now getting touched up after a crazy knife throwing day in the woods a couple years ago (not sure what sparked the throwing frenzy, but the edge landed on some rocks a few times the handle hit the target instead of the blade. I think I'll just blame honorearth for that one. :D) Anyway, after that little saga, the edge needed some serious attention, so back to Nate it went. I can't remember the condition of the handle, so I'm curious to get it back and see what shape it's in since that knife has been ABUSED far more than any of my other Kin Blades.

I always felt the EB6 would/could be my "One and Done" blade until the Yard's Alpha Dog 6 was released. I LOVE soooo much more about the AD6, the EB6 has been retired (I still like it a lot though, so it's not going anywhere anytime soon). The AD6 has functional and aesthetically pleasing grinds, the choil is actually spaced in a much more user friendly place and the BIG DCBB finish is the best finish offered by the crew right now (imo). I REALLY REALLY Like this DOG...
GjPBzc1.jpg

Nate's had the EB6 for so long, I haven't had the AD6 and the EB6 together yet to make a side-by-side comparison, but it should be home shortly.

I'm looking forward to having them both here together.

Stump

Another 2 cents:

This B11 has what I think is an Azwelke sheath on it. Regardless, it's a very well made, tight fitting thick Kydex sheath. The knife doesnt go anywhere and you have to really pull and push to get it in and out of it. Normally friction fittings on a rubber handle knife is pure suicide, because the kydex ends up chewing up the rubber, and the knife becomes loose.

IMG-3221.jpg

Now look here into the BUSSE COMBAT texture on the B11. That's Res-C. This sheath is VERY tight and secure. I've sheathed and unsheathed this knife hundreds if not 1k+ times, for years, look how little to NO wear the letters have!, just a bit in the B and the U. This gives you an idea of what the material really is.

Thanks for taking time to give us some great analysis and history, Stumpy—and excellent pics as always!:thumbsup::cool:

Also great points and pics from DPC—thanks!:thumbsup::cool: Love the pairing of your B5 and B11—those two knives complement each other perfectly.

Thank you

that blade is always on one of my packs when I'm hiking and it's on my truck bag when I'm driving...I think that says a lot.

but specifically the thumb notch makes it handle like a Res-C NMSFNO...I had Josh leave the shoulders kinda sharp and I've used it to scrape to good effect...it's useful and comfy...so to me it's great bang for buck utility. :thumbsup:
That blade is DEAD sexy. Fantastic idea for customization; that would likely be one that I would take to the grave with me. As opposed to my real NMSFNO.

I need to dig around my phone and see if I can find the photos of that BB13 launched from the Deere. I noticed they got photo-f***ed in the original thread. If I can find them, I'll post them here and in the original thread.

Back