Rest in Peace Lucky!

Ban

You were the best shop dog anyone could have asked for. I still remember the scrawny little pup that somehow found its way into our old shop 9 yrs ago. Fed her once and she has been part of the family since. You will always have a special place in my heart.

My heart is so heavy I can't even think straight at the moment.

8122718378_7ff3b6760a_b.jpg

Lucky with brother John when she was still a pup.
8122712819_cb2a626433.jpg

Last edited:
Ban, I'm so sorry for your loss.
It hurts so much! Their lives are too short. You obviously lengthened her life when she found your shop.
Good dog little Lucky, I hope you're up there playing with my former dogs romping around in that big field in the sky.

Sorry to hear about Lucky, Ban. Dogs always touch my heart more than all but a few people I know. They're so unconditional. Keep your chin up buddy.

Sorry to hear about your loss Ban. I lost both of my dogs last year and know how tough it can be to lose a constant companion that's been there for a decade. Hang in there.

Ahh Ban that is crap news........... It is so hard when an animal becomes part of the family and then passes..........You must be feeling horrid.

Thoughts and prayers from the deep south bud............

Steven

RIP Lucky - he looks like he had a very happy life with an owner that truly appreciated him.

mqqn

I am so sorry Ban. Dogs like that do break your heart when they are gone but leave many happy memories.

Sorry for your loss Ban

Zeus is my fifth German Shepherd--so I know your loss

Read this when you can---It will HELP

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

Sincerely

Dr.Bill

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Very nice Bill. So sorry for your loss Ban......my wife and I are on our third canine and fourth feline loves and I still keenly feel the loss of the previous ones. While the heart is heavy I hope the scenario painted in Bill's post is in all our futures.....makes the tears not so hard to bear.

sorry for you loss brother. they are definitely a part of the family. remember the good times as much as possible.

Sorry to hear about Lucky. It is so easy to love and hard to lose your dog, but you will see her again!

Just caught sight of your post. We lost one of our dogs – Miley – last Saturday, the 27th of the month.

miley.jpg

She was about 4 moths old when we got her and someone (a man, because it took a while for her to warm to me) had treated her badly before us. It took nearly a year before she would sit next to me, but once she started, she danced whenever I got home. My one consolation is that she loved to run and now she'll have all the space she needs. I really do feel for you brother. God Bless.

Ban,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know the world will seem empty without her.
My best friend (a wiry terrier like Lucky) passed in Oct 2003 after 14 years of companionship.
I hope you heal and hope you have many more years with the next dog.
-Blaise

Back