Review Section Ready on HTMknives.com Site

Crew,

We really appreciate the reviews on the forums here.
We want to let you know the the review section is up and running on the HTMKNIVES.COM site.
If you go to the page with your model on it at the bottom there is a link to add your review. We would really appreciate it if you would add you comments there as well as on the forums here.

Thanks !!!

Submitted mine. I just copy and pasted my review from bladeforums here and added a link.

Hello, Mr. Ralph! I'm from Russia. Here is the review of your HTM 5.5 from our russian forum.
http://talks.guns.ru/forummessage/64/610494.html
Its in russian but I think its possible to translate it. Must say this knife had really BIG problems. And the owner of this knife had big problems with DDR, trying to contact you and repair the knife, it was AWFULLY made! Finally you've repaired it, but(your words):
"Hi

We have repaired the knife the best we can.

The blade after re cutting the lock back to normal will be off center.

There is not a way to repair the lockup.

Other than that everything is standard."

After that the owner sent you a letter, he didn't like the "off centered" blade. And your answer:

"OK
Enjoy!"

We were shocked, we didn't expect such way of making business and attitude! Please, try to translate and read this review, there are a lot of photos and many russian knife-fans saying what they think about the quality of HTM and your customer service.

This is a simple situation that we could not control.
The knife was second hand. After we evaluated it we found that it had been taken apart and altered.
Our policy is that we will fix or repair manufacturing issues.
We cannot fix customer alterations. Alterations are not covered under our excellent warranty and customer service.
We did repair this knife to the best of our ability, as we try to do the very best we can for our customers.

Sometimes it is better to make sure you know what you are buying second hand.
If anyone is ever in this situation (buying a second hand knife) if you have it sent to us, we will give you a full evaluation of the knife before you buy it.
We do this all the time. That saves you (our good customers) the grief that this fellow went through.

Finally...
We also do not appreciate you and your friend trying to make us look bad buy posting this untrue statement because we would not replace a knife that was second hand and altered by the first owner. We don't negotiate with forum terrorists. Posting lies about us is your way of making us fear you. Sorry. We don't!!!!

Enjoy

Almost sounds as bad as when a customer buys a fake knife, whether knowingly or unknowingly, and mails it in expecting a repair and replacement. Thumbs down to the guy trying to make libel in the situation. I will defend DDR's customer service in a heartbeat.

Thank you for the enchanting response, Mr. Ralph:). Fortunately on the Russian knife forum includes photographs of good quality. I think there gathered sophisticated audience, so in these pictures to figure who is lying:). Personally for me this topic is on the Russian forum was enough that I never bought this knife.
Enjoy:)

Ok, Mr. Ralph. I think we both know that the knife was brand new. And we both know that You refused to repair it at first, after saw photos that owner have sent. You said that You didn't sell it. Funny, so You found it just looking at the photos??? Then You found that it was altered, but WHAT WAS ALTERED??? THE LOCKBAR??? How??? Just look at the photos! The knife is brand new! Well, then You're trying to say that Darrel Ralph CAN'T CENTER THE BLADE??? And the owner must "ENJOY"??? You're calling me a liar, forum terrorist??? You know unfortunately I can't prove my words, I'm too far and You know it well, maybe thats why You insult me. I can post here all correspondence with the owner but I won't do it. As You said, I do not appreciate You trying to make me look bad buy. WE DON'T NEED NO KNIFE FROM YOU, relax. You can't lie to yourself. So whatever. As Lennon said, LET IT BE! We just wanna THANK YOU for this words! Many russian fans read them! Thanks for "excellent warranty and customer service"! Thanks for liars and forum terrorists. I realize that You have a lot of fans here, they know you, not me, they won't believe me anyway. BUT I'M TELLING THE TRUTH AND YOU KNOW IT! GOD SEES! SO WE CAN'T DO NOTHING WITH IT. ALL WE CAN DO IS JUST ENJOY... THANK YOU FOR "KINDNESS"...

Thank you for the enchanting response, Mr. Ralph:). Fortunately on the Russian knife forum includes photographs of good quality. I think there gathered sophisticated audience, so in these pictures to figure who is lying:). Personally for me this topic is on the Russian forum was enough that I never bought this knife.
Enjoy:)

What do you expect? A person buys a tinkered with second hand knife? Would you buy a second hand car that was modified internally and externally, then ask the manufacturer to restore it to original condition? Maybe things are done differently in Russia. In the US, I don't know of any company that warrants a product AFTER it has been modified or altered. Yea, I get that it's a knife, but the same principle applies.

And how dumb is a person to buy a second hand knife that's altered? Was it not inspected by the buyer before being purchased? If I was buying anything used (read: anything), I make sure I know exactly what I'm buying. This is called RESEARCH. It's up to the buyer to do research before buying. All the blame should be placed on the buyer.

Hell, Darrel didn't even have to look at the knife if he didn't want. You owe him an apology since he at the very least tried to fix what he could. So, maybe there will be a smaller market for Darrel's knives in Russia after your charade. Thankfully, I highly doubt the bulk of his orders come from Russia.

EDIT: Pretty damn clear from these pictures that someone did a lot of alterations. They look terrible.

Look at all the gaps in the lockbar? Do you not know what a lockbar is supposed to look like?
3139013.jpg

3139014.jpg

The non-clip side scale has a large portion of the titanium removed. That is also CLEARLY altered.

3139010.jpg

More shots of the gap:
3139015.jpg

3139017.jpg

3139060.jpg

I hope Darrel charged the owner for shipping. What a waste of time. Anyone who doesn't see that knife was not brand new is blind.

Last thing to say here: I hope you didn't come to "our house" with a bunch of lies and expect a happy response. The evidence speaks for itself. Res ipsa loquitur.

Last edited:
harkamus, imagine, You've got such knife with such UGLY lockbar from Darrel. Then he would say:NO! IT WAS ALTERED! MODIFIED! SECOND HAND! WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

The photos are from our site. The owner was really shocked thats why he posted the lockbar. But if mr. Ralph says its second hand we can't prove our words.

The photos are from our site. The owner was really shocked thats why he posted the lockbar. But if mr. Ralph says its second hand we can't prove our words.

Uh yea...we know it's from your site. And yea it has been modified.

And speaking of the modifications, I can take a hacksaw and do better work than the owner did on that knife (or whoever it was that modified it).

harkamus, by the way, read this topic if you can translate it, there are couple of DDRs owners with such lockbars. So are they "altered" too???

Sir,
Once again our policy is to have great customer service.
The knife you have was altered.
Your friend admitted that it was second hand and it had been altered.
It was obvious from the pictures.
We bent over back wards to do the best with what we had.

If what you are saying below is not forum terrorism than what is?
You are doing exactly what you said you would do.

Your friend threatened us from the beginning in emails saying that if we didn't replace our POS knife he bought that he would spread the word all over the forums in Russia.
We asked him for the dealers name he got it from to begin with.
He didn't know. We asked again .. He didn't know. We asked him to send it back to the dealer for warranty repair. He said it was altered by the owner and they would not take it back. We asked if he could send it back to the person he bought it from. He said no.

Every time we get a knife that has been tampered with we always try our best to do what we can.
In this case it was not possible to make the knife pristine because the alterations that were really heavy handed.
Your comments below are what we expected.

Ok, Mr. Ralph. I think we both know that the knife was brand new. And we both know that You refused to repair it at first, after saw photos that owner have sent. You said that You didn't sell it. Funny, so You found it just looking at the photos??? Then You found that it was altered, but WHAT WAS ALTERED??? THE LOCKBAR??? How??? Just look at the photos! The knife is brand new! Well, then You're trying to say that Darrel Ralph CAN'T CENTER THE BLADE??? And the owner must "ENJOY"??? You're calling me a liar, forum terrorist??? You know unfortunately I can't prove my words, I'm too far and You know it well, maybe thats why You insult me. I can post here all correspondence with the owner but I won't do it. As You said, I do not appreciate You trying to make me look bad buy. WE DON'T NEED NO KNIFE FROM YOU, relax. You can't lie to yourself. So whatever. As Lennon said, LET IT BE! We just wanna THANK YOU for this words! Many russian fans read them! Thanks for "excellent warranty and customer service"! Thanks for liars and forum terrorists. I realize that You have a lot of fans here, they know you, not me, they won't believe me anyway. BUT I'M TELLING THE TRUTH AND YOU KNOW IT! GOD SEES! SO WE CAN'T DO NOTHING WITH IT. ALL WE CAN DO IS JUST ENJOY... THANK YOU FOR "KINDNESS"...

harkamus, THIS. KNIFE. WASN'T. ALTERED. OR. MODIFIED. I SWEAR!!!

If it was not second hand or altered, then what was the problem with sending it back to the dealer you bought it from for replacement or a refund?
That is the burning question as far as I can see.

Mr. Ralph, tomorrow I'll contact him and maybe he'll post here. If I'm not right I'll apologize anyway! But I know this guy, he wouldn't lie to our forum members. Its late night in Russia, sorry, I'll post tomorrow.

Sir,
We always go to great lengths to make sure our customers are satisfied.
Sometimes it is just not possible.
This knife could have been returned to the dealer for replacement or refund.
That was the issue that threw up a red flag on our end.
We are always working to keep our customers as happy as possible.

Hello, Dear Mister Ralph! Sorry for late answering!
Please accept my apologies! I was wrong! I know I've hurt you, sorry! I found out all the details, I was WRONG and YOU were RIGHT! I'm very shamed! Shame on me! Please don't delete this post, I want everebody to read it, I don't wanna hurt your reputation, you are GREAT KNIFEMAKER! YOU called me forum terrorist and liar, and you were right! I shouldn't have right here, if I didn't know all the details! You make a great job repairing this knife, even knowing nothing, where it was bought, and seeing that it was altered. SIR, PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES! I decided to start collecting your knives, if only you will sell 'em after all I've said! Please don't think bad about Russia and russain fans, I beg YOU!
Harkamus AND ALL DARRELS FANS, PLEASE ACCEPT my APOLOGIES!

Back