Ridiculous purchase you just had to have

My two CRKs. CF Sebenza and an Impinda. I have many knives I much prefer so it’s likely I’ll never use them. But I had to see what the hubbub was about.

I went and did it again.

Gentlemen, this thing shows up today. The most ridiculous pepper mill on the planet. A Mannkitchen, "Pepper Cannon". It's supposed to be the end all of grinding peppercorns. The absolute best you can buy with a price that'll make you sick to your stomach.

But I wanted it.

I’ve been sorely tempted by that thing.

I’ve been sorely tempted by that thing.

The only thing I don't like and can see giving a problem. The base cover is held on with a rubber O ring. Of course, they send extras but still. What happens when all the o rings wear out? Never checked before I bought if they sell a package. So it'll be a match up with o rings I can find. If they don't have them. Nothing special about them so they should be easy to find.

Performance wise. This thing will blow through a bottle of pepper corn in a week if you're over zealous and keep twisting.

Construction wise. It's a tank. The grinder feels like a couple of pounds metal. Feels like it runs on ball bearings. Which I'm pretty sure it has. You can spin the top when it's empty.

Is it worth it? Well, I'm not missing the money and I have a real deal grinder.

Last edited:
The only thing I don't like and can see giving a problem. The base cover is held on with a rubber O ring. Of course, they send extras but still. What happens when all the o rings wear out? Never checked before I bought if they sell a package. So it'll be a match up with o rings I can find. If they don't have them. Nothing special about them so they should be easy to find.

Performance wise. This thing will blow through a bottle of pepper corn in a week if you're over zealous and keep twisting.

Construction wise. It's a tank. The grinder feels like a couple of pounds metal. Feels like it runs on ball bearings. Which I'm pretty sure it has. You can spin the top when it's empty.

Is it worth it? Well, I'm not missing the money and I have a real deal grinder.
Sounds solid. I bought an assortment of O-rings from Amazon for another project some time ago. They’re cheap and readily available.

Back