Ridiculous shopping carts

Who has/had them? Those ridiculous shopping carts loaded with knives from all kinds of companies that have racked up a pretty penny, these days, sometimes 2 knives do the trick--- now what you put in the cart and what you actually ended up going through with purchasing I assume may be different. Every on topic story/post welcome

Last edited:
You know why they have small baskets at the grocery store? So you take a grocery cart. You know why every shopping cart a lousy wheel? So you get annoyed, move faster and make fast choices. It means you might buy things you really don't like or shouldn't eat.

"They F-you in the drive-thru!" 'Lethal Weapon'.

I buy one at a time. It's annoying, but I don't spend any time trying to figure out how I can unfuckmyself.

Yes, I've missed getting a knife or two because some knifes leave the site faster than diarrhea!

[Pardon my language]

[Not apologizing to any Navy vet because you curse like sailors.]

It's family friendly in this area we have to be careful what we write even with fill in symbols for certain words. I did get dinged for less. Just a heads up. You can edit.

It's family friendly in this area we have to be careful what we write even with fill in symbols for certain words. I did get dinged for less. Just a heads up. You can edit.
A lack of discretion, then infringement all in one statement. I'm glad you value your freedoms to do so.

We're talking about shopping carts and the frustrations thereof.

A lack of discretion, then infringement all in one statement. I'm glad you value your freedoms to do so.

I once had a dlt shopping cart for half a year. And couldn't get myself to practice the process of elimination, ultimately I talked myself out of them, that or they were sold out while they aged in my cart, happens a lot too

I once had a dlt shopping cart for half a year. And couldn't get myself to practice the process of elimination, ultimately I talked myself out of them, that or they were sold out while they aged in my cart, happens a lot too
I had a Socom Elite in my cart.

I don't know why, but I thought it meant one was 'reserved' for me. Again, what was I thinking?

Worked OT, got the money together. Go to buy it and it was 'sold out'.

D Delgadonine

G greater is correct, (and we have received a report from at least one other member, not G greater ), that we expect to keep it family friendly in the GKD forum. That's the standard...like it or not.

So, if you don't push the limits, we won't have to push back. There are other parts of these forums where saltier, more colorful language is permissible.

Let's keep it enjoyable for all.

Thank you.

Now back to the thread...

I had a Socom Elite in my cart.

I don't know why, but I thought it meant one was 'reserved' for me. Again, what was I thinking?

Worked OT, got the money together. Go to buy it and it was 'sold out'.
I've used the cart system as a bookmark for years, that way I can see all my considerations in one place and not have to hunt them down one by one, that or screen shot it. But when you have a dozen different carts screenshot(ed) and a grand subtotal of ee-gad! Then that method becomes problematic.

Really? It looks like a boys only club to me. Are there any girls here? Just curious.

D Delgadonine , don't apologize to *me*! I like your language!

Nobody asked what you prefer. The matter has already been handled by staff members. Move along. - Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Who has/had them? Those ridiculous shopping carts loaded with knives from all kinds of companies that have racked up a pretty penny, these days, sometimes 2 knives do the trick--- now what you put in the cart and what you actually ended up going through with purchasing I assume may be different. Every on topic story/post welcome
Ha ! I spend way more time "window shopping" than actually buying knives . A big part of the fun of the hobby for me , and costs only time . :cool:

I put stuff in those online "carts" that I'm only mildly curious about , so I can find them again easily .

And as a memory aid ! :rolleyes:

Helps keep track of price changes on ones I'm more serious about .

Place to compare different models , etc .

Don't really keep a shopping cart open on any websites. I do have a very long list of knives I would have bought at some point, and a shorter list of knives that I would still buy if I had good timing and money to throw at things.

At the moment, the short version looks like this:

Fixed
Busse Ergo Badger
Himalayan Imports Seax

Folding
Andre de Villiers Impi lockback
Boker/Gedraitis Pocket Smatchet
Emerson Mini-Seax
Filip de Coene (Ensizen) Explorer
Heretic Knives Wraith M V2
Oknife Rubato 2

Like others, I no longer keep an open shopping cart anywhere. I may use one while perusing a website, just to avoid "losing" an item of interest. Before I leave, I empty it out of anything I'll not be buying right then. It's far too easy to "accidentally" push the Buy button, and then spend awhile in the figurative dog-house.

There is one sight I will leave stuff in my cart. Once in a while I get a notification of a price drop.

Back