• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Robcoknivesllc buyer beware

Just a heads up to people who shop for knives on ebay. I purchased a Maxace knife from robcoknivesllc costing around $400. The knife sat in my safe, not carried or used what so ever. I decided the knife wasn’t my style and returned it. Yes it was towards the end of the 30 day period but still within 30 days. He then claimed the knife was used and damaged and only refunded me half the amount payed. When I questioned what he was talking about he just said he was mad that he had to pay for shipping back to him just for me to “try out a knife”. Then deleted my comment warning future buyers. Anyway avoid this dirtbag. And ebay in general for knife purchases… they side with the seller if they have lots of sales but will side with the buyer if you the seller has little sales. And good luck actually getting a dispute settled by ebay they truly don’t care. But it doesn’t help when you have shady “trusted sellers”. I’m sure this is already well known but just throwing it out there.

Not agreeing with sending you half your money back but really? You bought the knife and went well past a reasonable amount of time to decide if you wanted it before shipping it back. I may be old school but IMHO returns are for defective products and problems. Not I don’t like it anymore.

Just a heads up to people who shop for knives on ebay. I purchased a Maxace knife from robcoknivesllc costing around $400. The knife sat in my safe, not carried or used what so ever. I decided the knife wasn’t my style and returned it. Yes it was towards the end of the 30 day period but still within 30 days. He then claimed the knife was used and damaged and only refunded me half the amount payed. When I questioned what he was talking about he just said he was mad that he had to pay for shipping back to him just for me to “try out a knife”. Then deleted my comment warning future buyers. Anyway avoid this dirtbag. And ebay in general for knife purchases… they side with the seller if they have lots of sales but will side with the buyer if you the seller has little sales. And good luck actually getting a dispute settled by ebay they truly don’t care. But it doesn’t help when you have shady “trusted sellers”. I’m sure this is already well known but just throwing it out there.

Not agreeing with sending you half your money back but really? You bought the knife and went well past a reasonable amount of time to decide if you wanted it before shipping it back. I may be old school but IMHO returns are for defective products and problems. Not I don’t like it anymore.

Agreed. I wouldn't do business with either of these parties.

No reason to lie to the customer.

One side of the story, with no pictures of the knife. No pictures of the condition it was in when the buyer received it, no pictures of the condition it was in when it was sent back.

I need more than one side of an unsubstantiated story, from someone I don't know anything about, before I will just accept that a seller is a "dirtbag".

As far as ebay and how they handle requests for a refund, I purchased an item (not a knife), the item had serious damage not shown in the pictures, and not incurred during shipping (corrosion). I demanded a refund despite the fact that the seller had a posted "no returns" policy. Ebay mediated the dispute. The seller offered a refund of half the sales price. I refused and again demanded a full refund, providing ebay with pictures of the item and the damage. Ebay informed me that I would receive a full refund, which I did, and within 24 hours of my first demanding a refund.

Of course that's just one experience with ebay. But when I hear someone say that they had a very different experience, I can't help but wonder if there is more to the story.

For all I know, maybe the seller is a "dirtbag". But has a single shred of evidence actually been provided here?

Last edited:
eBay is best for crafty stuff you know might not last, IMO. I purchased a headlight assembly less than a year ago and it’s already crapped out on me so I tried to use the one year warranty and the seller no longer exists. And it’s been too long to have eBay address it. So I have disputed the charge with my credit card company. We will see if it works out. The irony of this post is I never heard of that maker but the first thing I did was hop on eBay and look at his stuff 😂 I guess there’s no such thing as bad publicity. Good luck on getting you money back. If there was a 30 day back money guarantee then he should honor it.

Back