Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Banquet knife

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Every year I donate a knife to be raffled off at the Maryland Chapter of the RMEF yearly banquet in Aug. to help raise money for the organization.
This years knife is my semi skinner, 154CM stainless steel, 5" blade, brown micarta scales.
Scott

Attachments

• Picture 436.jpg
    Picture 436.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 124
Damn, that's a nice looking knife. What does that normally go for? [cringes for the answer....]

Thanks,

Al

I like this one alot too. Scott what are the other specs on this? (Height, Thickness, Overall Length). Can it be made in O-1 or A-2. Thanks

Thanks guys. This one is an inch longer then my standard Semi skinner hunter model. The one is 9 1/2" overall, 5" blade, 5/32" thick by 1 1/4" wide. I normally do them in D2 but any steel can be used. I like D2 or the stainless steels for hunting knives.
Cost for a similar one as shown above is $275.00 in D2 or 154CM. Standard size has a 4" blade and is $255.00. Standard in O1 or A2 is $245.00. Five inch version, $255.00.
Scott

Scott,
I wanted to say thanks for your support of th RMEF! Its people like you that are going to preserve our hunting heitage for future generations.

Mike

Thanks Mike. It's a pleasure to do this as it helps preserve habitat for the elk. They are such an awesome creature to behold. This is my 6th year donating a knife for the cause.
Scott

Just got back from the RMEF Banquet. Outstanding event as always. The knife auctioned for $310.00! I was very pleased they were able to get that amount for the good of the Elk Foundation. Makes me feel good that the money is going toward helping to preserve elk habitat.
One other thing at the event, we have state elections coming in Nov. for a new Governor and other elected officals. Robert Ehrlich, Republican canadate came by to speak and said if elected, he will look into placing elk in our state. Last year I spoke to a RMEF official from Montana and he said elk placement in your state is up to your State Goverment and Dept. of Natural Resources.
Scott

Back