Ron Hood and a request from ESEE

Moosez45

Custom Antlers, Factory Knives...
Those in the know, know about Ron Hood, father of modern survival. I don't know him personally but I do know of him. This post is in the ESEE forum, and I would like for as many of you, to take a look at it, then take look inside. Its Christmas, the time of giving. Have a look and see what you think, let your conscience be your guide.

Moose

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=802100

Those in the know, know about Ron Hood, father of modern survival. I don't know him personally but I do know of him. This post is in the ESEE forum, and I would like for as many of you, to take a look at it, then take look inside. Its Christmas, the time of giving. Have a look and see what you think, let your conscience be your guide. Moose

Nicely put Moose. It is Christmas, this kind of puts into perspective what the season actually means. The JUST1MOR household wishes him the best & he and his wife will be in our prayers as well.
Merry Christmas,
Be safe.

Picked up the primitive weapons dvd. Definitely feel for him and his family. Lost my uncle and grandfather to cancer. I wish him the best of luck and hope he pulls through.

damn. i was going to drop serious money today on a knife, but as it turns out, technical difficulties and stupidity prevented me from doing that.

also was going to spend on something ELSE... and that was delayed by too.

okay, i can take a hint. i'm hitting the website: http://www.survival.com/ and seeing what i can do. probably a DVD set. perhaps books.

cancer sucks. cancer has taken both my parents. at least quickly, but with a sure vengeance. FU cancer! i hope Ron kicks your ass, then skins you, then dines on you!

also smoke and prayers for Ron and his family.

I'm not asking anyone to buy, but there is some gear stuff on the site that will help flesh out a survival kit, and hey, it's going to a good cause. I gots me an Idaho steel, some wire and a couple of those saws. I got one of those saws with my XCEST and let me tell you, you won't find a better compact survival saw than those. Mine cut a 1/2" wooden dowel through in about 6 swipes. Try out some of that stuff.

Moose

For those who don't know, Ron and Karens videos are simply awesome. I need to get them on DVD though, I've had mine so long they are actually on VHS! I particularly like the volume on firemaking, traps, and putting together a survival kit.

I've been wanting to get Karen's Cave Cooking for a while anyway.

I've watched her palm grub video many times :eek: now that's a woman I could enjoy hanging out with, Ron is a lucky guy. I'm really curious to see what this cook book of hers is like.

Last edited:
just ordered the 10 packs of dvds. that's a lot of good stuff.

I got the cave cookbook, some snare wire, and an Idaho steel. But more importantly, I will place the Hood family in our prayers!

The sense of community on this forum is why I keep coming back day after day. My prayers are with him and his family. Will take a look at that website.....

Beckerhead #32

As far as I'm concerned, Ron Hood was one the folks who set the standards that we all follow. The survival community would have never been where it is without him. He will beat this cancer. He's too damn ugly, ornery and just plain tough not to. In the meantime, pick up some of their DVDs. Great instruction, so not only are you getting more than you pay for, you're helping a good family get through some tough times.

Appreciate you posting this here, Moose and Ethan. We're all family and a close knit group of folks on these forums. I am damn proud to call all of you REAL friends.

Well said indeed. Right back atcha big guy!!

Moose

I picked up a couple of DVD's at Bass Pro last week, and I ordered the quarterly magazine set today. Good stuff. :thumbup:

Hey Everybody.....

Thanks for responding so positively.....Jeff is right about one thing.....He ain't pretty but, he is a good man deserving of support....

All Best....

ethan

DVD's will be purchased tonight. Thanks to (Ethan, Moose, et al) for bringing this situation to light. Jeff put it succinctly when he said we were all family.

Just finished watching volume 6 on primitive weapons tonight. Was a fun and informative video. Will give me something to do when out and about in the woods. Ron seems like a cool guy to hang out with. Hope he pulls through.

Back