RosArms Badger 2 Review and Pictures

This was originally in the review section of the forum, but since the introduction of this forum I found it to be appropriate here as well.

I have been interested in trying out some of RosArms offerings since I had first heard of them. Other members of this board have always had such positive things to say about the quality of them. After a very generous forum member extended an offer (Jaiofspam), and sent me the Badger 2, I had to give it a try (thanks again Jimmy ). This is a review of the Badger 2.

Blade - The blade of the Badger 2 came with a very high mirror finish that was very even throughout with no grind marks or dips in the surface. The main bevel is a fairly high hollow ground with the secondary edge being more of a saber grind. The false edge on the back of the blade however has a high amount of convex to it. All of the grinds where even and well placed, with only an ever so slight dip where the false edge meet the main bevel. The knife came very sharp right out of the box, it was touched up by Irish Sentry (member here, he can be found at his ebay store http://stores.ebay.com/Tunneys-Cutle...QQftidZ2QQtZkm ).

Handle - The handle of the Badger 2 is made out of stacked stacked leather with a brown micarta guard and butt. Both the stacked leather and the micarta are extremely comfortable and provide an array of different possible grip positions. The handle has a swell in the middle of the leather area making helps add to the comfort. The fit of the materials on the handle are extraordinary, everything is put together perfectly with no gaps or filler. The finish on the handle is very nicely done leaving the leather very grippy and providing a secure slip proof grip.

Sheath - The sheath that comes with the Badger 2 is nicely done, with good quality leather and evenly spaced stitches. The knife fits the sheath very well, providing just enough tension to keep it snug while not overly tight preventing it from being readily drawn.

Cutting - The blade of the Badger is different then many other knives that I own, in that it is fairly thin, about 2mm to be precise. I normally prefer larger and thicker blades that have the capability to really pack a punch for chopping. However since the badger is much thinner then what I normally carry, I was hesitant at first to start using it. Once curiosity got the best of me I decided to see what it could do I went out back to try it out against a sapling. The sapling was around 2 1/2" that tapered to around 1". I used short snapping wrist flicks to start off with the chopping, the badger was biting decently give the amount of mass that it has. After a few minutes of chopping the sapling fell. I then did the limbing, the knife flew though the branches in once slice each, even the thick ones that where a little over 1/2". After limbing it I chopped it up into smaller sections, but this time I used a baton to help with the chopping; the badger was now going though in around 3 hits with the baton. Once everything was in around 3 foot sections I batoned the knife length wise though all the pieces. The badger is a machine when doing this, one tap of the baton and it would fly though around 6-8" not even getting slowed down by knots.

Overall I am very very pleased with how the Badger 2 preformed. Despite the thin blade it really pulled though effortlessly. Everything about the knife is top notch. Once I have a little more cash I know I will have to place an order to get more of these fine knives.

Here are some stats to the knife

Blade length - 6 1/8"
Handle length - 4 3/4"
Blade width - 1 1/4"
Blade thickness - 2 mm
Point of balance - 1/2" behind guard
Weight of blade - 4 5/8 oz / 130 g
Weight of blade and sheath - 6 1/4 oz / 204 g
Handle material - Stacked leather and brown micarta

DSCF0642b.jpg

DSCF0645b.jpg

DSCF0650b.jpg

DSCF0652.jpg

DSCF0655b.jpg

DSCF0660b.jpg

I really like the look of that knife, good to see it performs well, too. What sort of $$$ does it go for?

Thanks for the great review, the Badger has been on my "want" list as my next ROSArms knife.

I LIKE that knife. Reminds me of a Fallkniven for a LOT less money.
That's a compliment, BTW.

Thank you!

Unfortunately, I don't have any in stock right now.

Thank you!

Unfortunately this model is not available anymore.

Back