Rough & Tough Recurve

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here is a one off diversion out of the shop! I made a large recurve chopper from 1/4in thick 5160 complete with mill scale and rough textured black G10 scales :) This is a beastly blade I finished up today just before the Walking Dead came on tonight:D It is 18 1/4in overall with an 11 5/8in blade tip to handle. This reminds me of a term River8 applied to a similar knife way back when when he called them "Big Grins" because everyone who handled it, smiled ear to ear :D Gonna be fun getting this outside soon when I have some time off. It feels and looks primal and I am sure some grunts will be heard when it is used!

Thanks guys! Quite frankly, knives like this are why I started making knives. I love the big blades!!!! :) Even if they aren't all that useful for spoon carving, I still like em best! It is wonderfully satisfying to hit a piece of firewood and see a super deep cut or watch it explode when being split :D Kind of the same feeling as driving a powerful car or truck too fast on the highway !!!

I like it!!
Looks like a powerhouse.
Your recurves seem too have extended sweet spots.
Those 2 bolos I have of yours are fantastic choppers!

Mr. Siegle, I know exactly what you mean! Big blades make me smile like a kid with a huge ice cream cone on a hot summer day. :D

Awesome Bill ! I love the looks of that one. Reminds me of an improvement to your Hoodlum models (as if those could possibly be any better !) :D

Back