S!K FAQ

Here is an FAQ to try and gather some common topics that come up on this subforum into one place.

I'm going to leave it open for replies so that folks can submit questions. If you post something that is not a question or a question that has already been asked I will remove your post. I will also remove any posts that I consider to be rude, inappropriate, or off-topic. The idea is to keep this thread as tidy as possible so that the information can be easily accessed by anyone looking for answers to common questions about SURVIVE!. If we can't keep it neat and/or civilized, I will close commenting.

Starters, Preorders, Presales... What does it all mean?

The SURVIVE! Starter Campaign ran from March 09 to April 30, 2015. There are a few orders in the first couple days of May because I like to give folks extra time. It included: GSO-2.7, GSO-3.5, GSO-4.1, GSO-4.7, GSO-5.1, GSO-7/7, and GSO-12.

Preordering opened in May 2015, because of the amount of customer requests for additional ordering. These no longer included the 5% discount. Preordering was originally available for the above models, except the GSO-5.1. The GSO-4.5 Bushcraft, GSO-6, GSO-8, and GSO-10 were made available in August of 2015. Preordering was to be closed once the model started production, but some models were closed early, on or before September 2016.

Presales were made available after a production run had finished heavy machining. They were limited in how many were made available and included the GSO-5.1, GSO-4.7, GSO-2.7, GSO-4.1 and GSO-7/7 preoduction runs. We are not planning to have presales for any other models that are currently on the production schedule.

Last Chance Preordering was made available for the GSO-3.5, GSO-12, and GSO-6 so that folks would have a chance to get an order in for a GSO before the production run gets split up. We are currently planning to offer a Last Chance Preorder for the GSO-4.5 Bushcraft, GSO-10, and GSO-8 production runs.

How do I buy a SURVIVE! Knife?

We don't currently have any knives in stock.

None of the above will be an option for future SK Series runs, those will be available when they are completed.

We are still deciding on exactly how the GSO Series will be made available. They will definitely be more limited and more expensive. Once the SK Series is fully operational and the existing GSO orders have all been fulfilled, we will focus on ironing out the details..

Deleted , created new thread for weekly sales updates.

Last edited:

The SURVIVE! Starter Campaign ran from March 09 to April 30, 2015. There are a few orders in the first couple days of May because I like to give folks extra time. It included: GSO-2.7, GSO-3.5, GSO-4.1, GSO-4.7, GSO-5.1, GSO-7/7, and GSO-12.

Preordering opened in May 2015, because of the amount of customer requests for additional ordering. These no longer included the 5% discount. Preordering was originally available for the above models, except the GSO-5.1. The GSO-4.5 Bushcraft, GSO-6, GSO-8, and GSO-10 were made available in August of 2015. Preordering was to be closed once the model started production, but some models were closed early, on or before September 2016.

Presales were made available after a production run had finished heavy machining. They were limited in how many were made available and included the GSO-5.1, GSO-4.7, GSO-2.7, GSO-4.1 and GSO-7/7 preoduction runs. We are not planning to have presales for any other models that are currently on the production schedule.

Last Chance Preordering was made available for the GSO-3.5, GSO-12, and GSO-6 so that folks would have a chance to get an order in for a GSO before the production run gets split up. We are currently planning to offer a Last Chance Preorder for the GSO-4.5 Bushcraft, GSO-10, and GSO-8 production runs.
Any ideas on when the GSO-10 Last Chance might be? I definitely do not want to miss it!!

Not sure about the GSO 10. I think that I missed the 4.7 last chance, I just wish that there was a way to buy one.

What is the pricing going to be for the GSO 4.7? Is there any way to make sure that I can order one?

I can't give any promises with the GSO-4.7 because it is way on the other end of the production schedule. There will definitely be a price increase on all GSO Series knives. This increase has already been made for the GSO-12 and GSO-6 since those models already had their Last Chance Preorder. The SK Series prices will be similar to what we have been charging for the GSO Knives.

With the GSO-4.7 run being well into the future, there is no way to guarantee an order right now. Keep hanging out here and sign up for our newsletter, we will have more information after we've gotten through a few more models.

Sorry I'm not very helpful on this one.

Any ideas on when the GSO-10 Last Chance might be? I definitely do not want to miss it!!

We will run the GSO-10 Last Chance Preorder closer to when production is starting. It will probably be around the time the GSO-6 Preorders are being fulfilled and/or when the GSO-4.5 Bushcraft blanks are getting cut out.

We will run the GSO-10 Last Chance Preorder closer to when production is starting. It will probably be around the time the GSO-6 Preorders are being fulfilled and/or when the GSO-4.5 Bushcraft blanks are getting cut out.

Quite frankly, I am a wee bit surprised that a Preorder is still part of your business model. Unless, of course, you have changed it in a manner where you will no longer take full payment up front. It just would seem that with the level of feedback you have received here, including a fair amount of criticism (much of it constructive), you folks would perhaps rethink this whole "preorder" thing...

I want your company to succeed, I really do. I have owned 2 of your 4.7s, I still currently have one and it is a very fine knife, one that goes with me every day on my belt or on my EDC pack. That being said, both knives were acquired on the secondary market since I really couldn't fathom giving you a substantial amount of money for a preorder, with the risk of not having said knife in 2-going-on-3 years.

There is nothing inherently wrong with a preorder or early reserve system. But expecting people to pay full price for a product that will not be available for a considerable amount of time is simply asking for trouble. A small deposit is acceptable, but your history here would dictate that requiring payment in full is not.

I've read enough here and elsewhere on the forums to recognize that SURVIVE! and Preorder in the same sentence is synonymous with a rather bad taste in one's mouth or even worse. I think it would go a long way with your customers (past, present, and future) if you would simply do away with this practice for good and focus on selling knives that have already made it off the production line. Once you have resolved your backlog, of course.

Of course, I may just be belaboring a point that has already been hammered on quite a bit. I am still somewhat of an outside observer and I would love to be enthusiastic about your product but until such a time as you improve some of your business acumen, I will largely remain silent. There are plenty of other great knife makers out there, including many small shops, that manage to successfully get their knives into waiting hands in reasonable time frames.

I wish you all the best, but please do reconsider your Preorder policies.

Quite frankly, I am a wee bit surprised that a Preorder is still part of your business model. Unless, of course, you have changed it in a manner where you will no longer take full payment up front. It just would seem that with the level of feedback you have received here, including a fair amount of criticism (much of it constructive), you folks would perhaps rethink this whole "preorder" thing...

I want your company to succeed, I really do. I have owned 2 of your 4.7s, I still currently have one and it is a very fine knife, one that goes with me every day on my belt or on my EDC pack. That being said, both knives were acquired on the secondary market since I really couldn't fathom giving you a substantial amount of money for a preorder, with the risk of not having said knife in 2-going-on-3 years.

There is nothing inherently wrong with a preorder or early reserve system. But expecting people to pay full price for a product that will not be available for a considerable amount of time is simply asking for trouble. A small deposit is acceptable, but your history here would dictate that requiring payment in full is not.

I've read enough here and elsewhere on the forums to recognize that SURVIVE! and Preorder in the same sentence is synonymous with a rather bad taste in one's mouth or even worse. I think it would go a long way with your customers (past, present, and future) if you would simply do away with this practice for good and focus on selling knives that have already made it off the production line. Once you have resolved your backlog, of course.

Of course, I may just be belaboring a point that has already been hammered on quite a bit. I am still somewhat of an outside observer and I would love to be enthusiastic about your product but until such a time as you improve some of your business acumen, I will largely remain silent. There are plenty of other great knife makers out there, including many small shops, that manage to successfully get their knives into waiting hands in reasonable time frames.

I wish you all the best, but please do reconsider your Preorder policies.
If you look at the upcoming models that look like they are coming up for order, the sk 6 and sk 12 have a $25 deposit or pay in full option all in place already. I would assume the last offerings of the gso pre orders will have the same option but are farther down the line so the updates have not been added yet. I don't know this as a fact but it looks that way to me.

If you look at the upcoming models that look like they are coming up for order, the sk 6 and sk 12 have a $25 deposit or pay in full option all in place already. I would assume the last offerings of the gso pre orders will have the same option but are farther down the line so the updates have not been added yet. I don't know this as a fact but it looks that way to me.

I suppose that is a step in the right direction. However, removing the pay in full option altogether for a preorder would be far wiser, in my opinion. Though Bladeforums represents a small facet of their customer base, there are still plenty of vocal and disappointed voices here and I think doing away with the practice of accepting full price before the knife has been made would go a long way towards providing a good faith measure.

A small step perhaps, but a step nonetheless, a much needed one.

Looking for a 5.1 Gen 1 Kydex Sheath. Y'all are out. Any ideas where I might find?

I know this post was feb 2018. Did the pre order for the gso8 already happen? Jw. Man they look cool on the draw ups on the S!K site

The cancellation fee has come up a few times recently, so let's talk about it. I think some wires got crossed and things need cleared up.

- The fee was started January 01, 2017. This means orders from before that will never be charged the cancellation fee.
- The fee was automatically waived on refunds for orders where there was a specified delivery date that we missed.
- There was an additional fee for the GSO-4 Limited because we have custom leather sheaths that are going to be sitting on the shelf collecting dust if there isn't someone else out there who wants that exact same sheath. That was the rule but Jordyn did ask Guy and I about if we were still holding to that since those are also behind their specified delivery date. After talking about it, those will also receive full refunds now.

If there are any other questions about it, ask them here.

Back