S7 and Black Micarta

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
All business...

1/8" thick chisel ground S7 steel and black paper micarta scales with stainless flared tubing. It's about 10.25" long with a 5" blade including the choil. I have a kydex sheath for it with a drop belt loop.

014-2.jpg

That would make notching triggers for traps a breeze.How well would the 1/8 thick handle chopping? good looking piece Daniel!

Nicely done!:thumbup::thumbup::eek:

Love the steel choice!!!

Sweet knife. I like it!
Thanks! Much appreciated. :D

That would make notching triggers for traps a breeze.How well would the 1/8 thick handle chopping? good looking piece Daniel!
I think it is plenty strong for chopping but there is not a lot of weight behind the blade... you could cut quickly though!

Nicely done!:thumbup::thumbup::eek:

Love the steel choice!!!
Thanks! I'm excited to use the S7, it is great stuff. Jackhammer bit steel!

Hmm, how sharp did you get her? I might need another knife from you ;] talk to me! dibs on that biznatch for now people until I talk to the D... :D

Hmm, how sharp did you get her? I might need another knife from you ;] talk to me! dibs on that biznatch for now people until I talk to the D... :D

It pops hair. :cool:

I'll give dibs for $175. :D :D :D

Is the top part partially ground too? looks it.. but not sharpened, correct? so main bevel and front edge, then just a nice short swedge on top? hmmm

Is the top part partially ground too? looks it.. but not sharpened, correct? so main bevel and front edge, then just a nice short swedge on top? hmmm

That's correct and it has a cool "double swedge". (faceted or at two angles) I need to get better photos when we have some more sun, it was snow weather today... it looks better in person.

A penetrator tip,outstanding.
I'd love a 9" blade version at 1/4" thick.
Someday.......

Payment sent,Thanks Daniel!

I'm really looking forward to this.Looks like a great urban tool.

Payment sent,Thanks Daniel!

I'm really looking forward to this.Looks like a great urban tool.

Thanks!

Sold!

I think you will really enjoy it, the black paper micarta feels great and the S7 is as tough as it gets!

I'm really liking the S7 so far, it seems to get really sharp and is easy to sharpen. Maintenance should be a breeze.

A penetrator tip,outstanding.
I'd love a 9" blade version at 1/4" thick.
Someday.......

That sounds really cool, I have some 5/16" for something like that and can always get 1/4". :D

That is so awesome looking and, as mentioned, I bet it will work great as an urban tool as well. Great job Daniel!

He was able to heat treat my 15" S7 chopper with his new kiln, sole authorship baby! ;)

Which is very, very close by the way!

I have a 24" deep digitally controlled kiln and it can get hot enough handle any knife steel I know of! I have fast oil, medium speed oil and 18" long 1" Aluminum plates. Between that setup I can handle about anything.

Back