• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Sadly Sold -NIB CRK Large Sebenza Native American CGG

THIS JOURNEY IS COMING TO A END
First I would like to thank the moderator for allowing this post to go this far. Quite long for a knife sale.

Next I am pleased that pjmaxm, who was the first to bid on this knife, got it. If not for him this journey could well have ended different.
Here is part of the email I received from the buyer on 6-24-20 (posted with his permission)
Hi Ron,
"As time went on I felt worse about the sale. At first I agreed with your sentiment that you listed the knife for a price, I said I would take it for that price, and then that was a deal.
However as time went on and then also realizing that I am just not the right person for this knife, and I would want to move it along, it did not feel right to me. I have gotten some good deals in the past but this was too far off to feel comfortable. This should be sold to a true collector and at a more correct market value for old collectible CRK so it does not blow out the market on collectible CRK. You should benefit from that, I should not."
He also mentioned that he is a user and not a collector.
When I rec. the email, I had to read it many times to believe what it said.

The knife is on its way to me at the price he paid for it.
I have much respect for the actions of this man. He had the right to do what he wanted with this purchase.
This is an example of the high standards a person can set for himself.
He has given me insight to the value of this knife and I will not be selling it at this time.

Thanks to all for your kind words. I would hope that others who have not followed this post could read it to see how great a forum this is and how he went beyond what some might have done. This would not have happened if sold on the web.

Much respect to pjmaxm,
Ron
To Ron and @pjmaxm - this is what community is all about. in the state of the world right now, seeing how this played out over the last couple weeks brings back faith in humanity. Cheers to both of you for how this was handled.

This is pretty cool. :thumbsup: Gives me hope that we might have an actual small community here. And it’s a nice contrast to some overt flipping I’ve observed recently.

Keep in mind the times. Most people need money now more than they need a knife. The guy got it fair and square. It’s his. I won’t negatively judge him for it.

Keep in mind the times. Most people need money now more than they need a knife. The guy got it fair and square. It’s his. I won’t negatively judge him for it.

Not sure how to take this post as I never once negatively judged him. You might want to read # 60 post or the others after you last post.
If I took it wrong my apology sir.
Ron

Not sure how to take this post as I never once negatively judged him. You might want to read # 60 post or the others after you last post.
If I took it wrong my apology sir.
Ron
No, not you. My statement was made in general to anyone legitimately angry about the buyer flipping his new knife. People flip knives all the time. The native is a highly sought after Sebenza. It’s sold at high prices and even “flipped” frequently.

Back