Safe queen or user?

Pretty unanimous. With new ones so inexpensive and easy to get, save the prototype for posterity.

Pretty tough question, there are some 'collector' knives that were made to collect and not use.. Another words, they probably wouldn't take much use especially from someone like me..

I was faced with this delima about a year ago, as I had a pretty good collection of '70's mint pumas.. that I've just "had" for quite some time, did they appreciate yes, some significantly. Those weren't designed to really collect so i sold them all, well I kept 2, I now carry the 'junior' slippy every now and again and the 971 I will sell soon.. I have some limited (designed to collect) knives from camillus, buck etc that are like box queens to me. It would be simply "stupid" to try to use these knives they're not designed for it..

OTOH, put this in perspective.. You've already 'thought' about using it as that's what its designed for, and I'll assume it may not gain much value in 10 years, that being said its worth more then anything on the market now, especially to a handful of guys that would love to hold it back..

My opinion is you want a user, how rare is this knife being sterile.. hmm I don't know, does Toooj know??? IDK, how can be sure that in production the guy that stamps didn't hold back 100??

I'd sell it and buy a few from the proceeds you can use.. jmo

For the price that you can grab a new one, I'd take that one and put it away as a keep sake. Some Becker history right there. :thumbup:

Safe queen for sure.
And I guess I'll throw out the obligatory, "you can keep it in my safe".

Back